Do you live alone and would like to take part in a documentary?

edited July 2012 in Local discussion
<p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"><span style="font-size:36.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:"Gungsuh","serif"">Do you live alone?<o:p></o:p></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"><span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:"Gungsuh","serif"">(And would like to take part in a documentary?)<o:p></o:p></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-family:"Gungsuh","serif"">More people live alone now than at any other point in human history - the number of people living on their own around the world has risen 80% in the last 15 years. In 2012, 34% of UK households have just one person living in them.  <o:p></o:p></span></b></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-family:"Gungsuh","serif"">Would you be interested in being interviewed as part of a project exploring people’s experiences of living alone? I am a filmmaker who will be making a documentary in London over the summer which will address these questions:<o:p></o:p></span></b></p> <p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst" style="text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1"><!--[if !supportLists]--><span style="font-size:9.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:Symbol;mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol;mso-bidi-font-family:Symbol">·<span style="font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; ">         </span></span><!--[endif]--><span style="font-size:9.0pt;line-height:115%; font-family:"Gungsuh","serif"">What’s it like to live on your own? </span></p><p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst" style="text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;line-height:115%; font-family:"Gungsuh","serif"">Do  most </span><span style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; ">people living alone choose to do so? Why?</span></p> <p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle"><span style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; ">What are the positive aspects of living on your own? What are the negatives?</span></p> <p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle"><span style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; ">How does living alone affect your happiness and productivity?</span></p> <p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle"><span style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; ">Does living on your own make you more sociable/active in the community? Do you foster stronger friendships and support networks?</span></p> <p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle"><span style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; ">Is there a link between living alone and suffering from periods of loneliness/depression?</span></p> <p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle"><span style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; ">Does the readily available use of social media/internet/technology mean that people who live on their own do not </span><i style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; ">feel alone</i><span style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; ">?</span></p> <p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle"><span style="text-indent: -18pt; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Gungsuh, serif; ">Why do more women than men live alone?</span><span style="text-indent: -18pt; font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; "> </span></p> <p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle" style="text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1"><!--[if !supportLists]--><span style="font-size:9.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:Symbol;mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol;mso-bidi-font-family:Symbol">·<span style="font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; ">         </span></span><!--[endif]--><span style="font-size:9.0pt;line-height:115%; font-family:"Gungsuh","serif"">Is living alone more appealing to introverts or extroverts?<o:p></o:p></span></p> <p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle"><span style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; ">Is age a factor in whether people </span><i style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; ">like </i><span style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; "> </span><span style="font-family: Gungsuh, serif; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; text-indent: -18pt; ">living on their own?</span></p> <p class="MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle"><span style="text-indent: -18pt; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Symbol; "><span style="font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; "> </span></span><span style="text-indent: -18pt; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Gungsuh, serif; ">Does living alone for a long time make you selfish? Does it heighten your eccentricities?!</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:"Gungsuh","serif"">If this sounds like a project that you would like to be a part of please get in touch with Lizzie and we can arrange an informal meeting so you can find out more. <span style="color:red">I am aiming to talk to as many different people as possible and would love to hear about your experiences (even if you don’t want to be filmed!). </span></span></b><span style="font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%; font-family:"Gungsuh","serif""><o:p></o:p></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:"Gungsuh","serif"">Mobile: 07531381450                Email: lizzie_fenner@hotmail.com<o:p></o:p></span></p>

Comments

• Local piano teacher, judging from her other posts on here. <br>
  • edited July 2012
    It is quite scary. Frightened it might be someone who wants to cull Stroud Green of its sad singletons who live by themselves in flats.  
  • Sorry, I just realised this looks pretty sinister in an online forum context! <div><br></div><div>I am a local resident (who is also a piano teacher and primary school teacher) who is hoping to find some people to take part in the above project...<div><br></div><div>Not looking to cull any singletons (who I'm sure most of whom are far from sad). Just talk to a few people about their experiences...</div><div><br></div><div>Nothing sinister! Anyone interested? Lizzie</div></div>
  • Why not join up with the girl who has written one of Park Theatre's latest Plays  for the opening .She will have a lot of contacts as  mentioned it here originally.
  • edited August 2012
    Hey, Julie, the thread is more than a month old ... we all moved on ... keep up!