Milk Delivery

edited May 2012 in About this site
Is anyone getting milk delivered in the area?<div><br></div><div>Is it possible?</div><div><br></div><div>Any idea how to organise it?</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks</div><div><br></div><div>Derek</div>

Comments

• <P>There's a milkman who delivers around Corbyn st/Thorpedale, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Not sure if he does the other side of SGR though. </P> <P>The only way I caught him was on my way into work one day. He tends to pass by pretty early on Mondays and Wednesdays (7ish), later on Fridays (it's been as late as 9, which isn't ideal..). </P>
  • We get deliveries Mon/Wed/Fri (east of SGR), though have had them daily in the past. Will try & find dairy phone no - or, if you whisper me your address and what you want delivered, can leave a note for Milko on Friday! Milk arrives 5.30-6.30am except when our guy is on holiday and another milko adds our route to his own; then it's 6.30-8am. 
  • edited May 2012
    @Vetski: err, since SGR runs broadly from east to west, specifically east north-east (from Finsbury Park) - west-south-west (to Crouch Hill), what do you mean by 'east of SGR' ... ?
  • True - but if one thinks of SGR as the N/S axis of this area, then by east I mean roads on the right hand side as one heads towards Crouch Hill e.g. Woodstock, UTP, Florence. And yes, I do turn maps upside down sometimes!
  • <div><font color="#333333" face="Garamond"><span style="line-height: 18px; ">@Derek, Dairy Crest have a base in Edmonton - 020 8360 1133. Here, they subcontract to Moreton Dairy; if you're the same Derek who posted on Opinion8 about N8 deliveries, I don't know if it's Moreton in N8 as well. </span></font></div><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "><br></span>
  • I get deliveries on Monday's Wednesdays and Friday's too and I'm on Florence road
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Bumping this thread for my mum who's just moved into Upper Tollington park. Anybody know if anyone delivers here?</font>
  • In case you don't find anyone, almost every single shop on SGR sells milk and most are open 7am til midnight. Vetski's post above specifically mentions UTP
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Ah, cheers for that, sorry my phone seems to format posts funny and missed that. I shall let her know.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And yes, I know everywhere on SGR sells milk and is open early, I've also let my mum know this on numerous occasions! But I think she just likes the idea of having it delivered.</font></div>
  • @cake, with a user name like that (and if you're female), hope you'll come along to the WI some time! As Miss Annie referenced, the company I mentioned in my May 17 post is still the one that delivers locally (I'm just off UTP). Quite agree with your mum - love having it delivered!
  • <div>Hmm, that dairy crest number doesn't seem to work any more, tried their number on the dairy crest website and was told to find a local milkman, and they couldn't help with this. Frustrating.</div><div><br></div>With regards to the rest of your post, I am unfortunately male and my mother is the one with the baking talent.<div><br></div><div>She does actually want to come along to the WI meetings and I shall point her this way.</div>
  • @cake, am baffled - we got a delivery this morning. Will check our bills to see if number has changed and get back to you. Your mum will be very welcome! The WI has an account on here and does post notice of meetings - but for her diary, please let her know that the next one will be on Tue 11th December, 7.30pm.
  • Cheers Vetski for your help.<div><br></div><div>I've noted it and got her to put it in the diary. I'm trying to get her on here, but the internet is still a bit of a learning curve for her. I'll probably walk her to the meeting on the 11th as she's still learning the area as she followed me here.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks again</div>
  • I get deliveries on Corbyn St from Moreton Dairy - and I keep it on because I think it's a good idea that deliveries should be available for those who can't easily go to shops and carry it back, though it is probably cheaper to buy it direct ... The deliveries over the last few weeks have suddenly got rather later especially on Fridays, so I can't give you idea of when to catch the milkman - but in general they're very reliable. I'll keep a lookout for the next bill and pass on the phone number if you haven't got through by then. 
  • We're also Moreton's but they never put their depot phone number on our bill, which is a bit inconvenient... Will try & remember to leave a note with tomorrow's empties asking the milkman to give us the phone no, and will then post it here.
  • Have got the phone number of the local milkman, Ian, but because he gave us his mobile I won't post it publicly. Anyone wants it, just ask!<div><br></div><div>@cake, have pm'd you.</div>
  • If you described a fleet of electric vehilces delivering everyone's milk to the door, taking away and re-using (not recycling!) the bottles, you'd no doubt be considered some idealist eco-warrior by today's standards. Or just an average customer in the '70s. Progress?
  • And what about returning glass bottles for reuse and getting a couple of pennies for your troubles?<br>
  • Just boosting, Ian also delivers in Moray Rd and surrounding area. They do Monday, Wednesday and Friday in SG. Just send a message for the number