'Finsbury Park for young London' - Evening Standard

edited November 2012 in General chat
<p>Tips the Dairy, Fullback and Season as positive reasons to live here along with Park Theatre and transport links. </p><p>"Finny P, as locals have nicknamed it" is apparently becoming a cool place to live.' Finny P'? I think not.</p><p><a href="http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property_news/affordable/finsburyparkaffordablehomeslondon.html">http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property_news/affordable/finsburyparkaffordablehomeslondon.html</a></p>;

Comments

• edited November 2012
    <p>I read it in the actual real life newspaper! I know that's terribly old fashioned. Page seven of Homes & Property section if that helps.</p><p>Will try to find it online.</p><p>Edted... Done!</p>
  • The Fullback has become hipster heaven over the last few years.  And I've heard from a few young folk that Stroud Green Road is cooler than Shoreditch as' it's realer and has a great mix'.  Oh, shiver my timbers, I'm already seeing more and more fashion victims parading about.  I blame vagabond!  I know it's Movember, but let's get out our switchblades and cut off all the affected tashes we can see.  
  • It also says Finny P shops r down at heel and traffic on 7SisRd is choking. So shit, basically. Season I admit is ace. C'mon SG kick Finny P . Chang
  • Finny P!<div><br></div><div>@kreuzkav I started noticing a couple of months ago how many more hipster types seem to be in the area now. I'm not sure why though - rents are high here and it's not exactly edgy. </div>
  • @emine I have a feeling our proximity to the new Central St. Martins design and art campus at Kings Cross may have something to do with it.
  • Ah yes, of course. I wonder where they're living though. That student accommodation place near the station is unbelievably expensive.  
  • If you head towards Hornsey Road the rents drop quite quickly.<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes, as anyone knows, it's FinFin!
  • edited November 2012
    I've never heard anyone shorten Finsbury Park ever.   <div><br></div><div>I forgot about St. Martins relocation to Kings Cross.  Back in the 90s Finsbury Park was a bit trendier.  Lots of musicians etc. lived round here.  North London had the edge before things moved Eastward. Maybe it became a bit more grown up as those people got older (Stroud Green anyhow) in the 2000s.  Now a new generation are moving in.  </div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>As North Nineteen stated, Hornsey Road is cheaper and I have the feeling it will become a lot hipper over the next five years.  Perhaps an understated Dalston/Kingsland Road/Shoreditch.  </div>
  • There's a tentative arrangement between John Jones and St Martin's. Wait until they're actualy living here in droves. Kreuzkav may have to move to Barking, or some other parochial sink where people still think it’s 1978.
  • That dreadful piece in the Times a few months ago about the area was the first time I saw 'Finny P'. Total tosh!
  • I've never heard anyone shorten it to anything other than FP, and that's just for the station.
  • Arky, places change.  It can be a good thing.  Not too sure having a load of hipsters flooding the area would be good though. Barking 1978?   I was a kid then.  I'd much prefer Notting Hill or Camden/Hackney around that time, I think. Stroud Green is quite good at the moment.  A certain degree of decay is evident.  
  • I reckon Stroud Green and even Hornsey Road is too expensive for Dalston / Clapton hipster takeover, it's more the Clapham / Upper St bunch increasingly moving in that I spot.<br><br>I know of quite a few previous Dalston / Clapton inhabitants heading for Walthamstow though. Maybe there or Tottenham will be the new place to be - they fit the cheap criteria.<br><br>My sister and her friends have been looking for a place to rent and can't find anything near Stroud Green for less than about £650 a month per person/room, which seems a lot to me.<br>
  • One for young London: <A href="http://www.residentadvisor.net/images/events/flyer/2011/12/uk-1209-316707-front.jpghttp://">Finny P Ugly Christmas Jumper Party at the Silver Bullet</A>.
  • edited November 2012
    <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="mso-ansi-language: EN-GB" lang=EN-GB><FONT size=3><FONT face=Calibri>Finny P – yuk.</FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="mso-ansi-language: EN-GB" lang=EN-GB></SPAN><SPAN style="mso-ansi-language: EN-GB" lang=EN-GB><FONT size=3><FONT face=Calibri>I have to embarrassingly admit that I’ve got into a habit between friends of calling it “Finners”.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">   </SPAN>To make it work you have to put on a slightly ridiculously posh voice when you actually say the word though.</FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
  • And I sometimes call it F-Park
  • edited November 2012
    I have been using 'Finny P' for years, albeit only occasionally and ironically. The problem with the veil of irony, though, is that sometimes you get into the habit anyway, and you can never be sure who'll overhear you and take it seriously...
  • I don't blame you. Was your optician Gollum?
  • the pubs on the other side of 7sisters are now calling it Finny P which i find disappointing  chang