Vodafone Customers

edited December 2012 in Local discussion
I finally got fed up of the non-existent Vodafone signal in my flat, and reported it to Vodafone, who have determined that this is because of weak 3G signal in the area. <br><br>They've said that the more people who contact them about having similar problems (weak/no 3G etc), the more chance there is of them fixing it. <br><br>So if you're a Vodafone customer, please please please submit a network issue report via their forum:<br>http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network/Network-Issues-How-to-report-one-to-us-and-find-out-the-latest/td-p/666783<br><br>In the meantime, if you've got a smartphone and have a weak phone signal, you'll need to disable 3G on your phone. <br>

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2012
    You can buy this small box that you connect to your router,it gives out a signal so you get 100% reception anywhere in the house. Vodafone sell it on their website.
  • I am with Orange and the 3G reception is auful in N4. I discovered wireless boost on my smartphone. This uses internet for voice calls. I freak people out on the tube by speaking on my phone. The issue with 3g reception us simply due to too much demand on the hackney marsh mast.
  • I'm with O2 and get perfect signal everywhere except my bedroom and about ten yards of Crouch Hill near Mountview.
  • I'm with Orange/EE and I've never had any problems in SG/N4 or anywhere else in London. Not sure if it's still the case, but Orange used to have the most comprehensive 3G network in the UK<br>
  • Hey @harpistic , I've filed a complaint under yours.<div><br></div><div>Here's hoping we get some action.</div><div><br>Cheers,</div><div><br>Drew</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I am with Vodafone and have excellent reception at home as well as wherever I go. However, I have had a different complaint with Vodafone and found that they much more efficiently and humanely deal with complaints if you report the problem via the <a href="http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/guylaurence/">CEO link</a> . They call you back within 24 hours and ALL calls are recorded, so the staff are very polite and helpful. @harpistic, I don't know if your problem can be sorted this way but it's worth a try.</font>
  • All calls are recorded all of the time
  • @drewpasmith Brilliant, thanks so much for doing that!<div><br></div><div>@ashman Many thanks for posting the link, however I think it's probably better to encourage people to report any problems to Vodafone rather than encourage them to spend <span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 16px; font-size: small; ">£100 for the signal they should have received in the first place. Money being scarce, or better spent elsewhere etc... :)</span></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 16px; font-size: small; "><br></span></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 16px; font-size: small; ">@gem That's good to hear that your signal is good - the feedback I got from them is that they need more people to file complaints before they can take action, and given how rubbish the signal is throughout SG and FP, it's good to spread the word. I really didn't think it was a fixable situation, but if they're willing to try, then it will benefit a lot of people... </span></div>
  • Way to go @harpistic! I've just received a response from Vodafone saying that they are now processing a request for an signal upgrade in our area. Cheers, Drew
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I keep losing my Vodafone reception in SG area today for the first time ever. I am not sure how long this has been going on as I have just come back to London after a couple of weeks. I hope the upgrade being in progress is the reason. It would be good to know how other Vodafone users are getting on with their signal, so that I know whether to send a network issue report too...</font>
  • It's definitely worth sending a network issue report, otherwise they won't know that there's a problem with the area - when I originally spoke to them, they assured me that the service in the area is fine, but it was only after investigating further that they realised that there were ongoing issues. <br><br>You only need to post one message on the forum to alert them, and you can copy and paste other reports to save you time - it won't take long.<br><br>I'm away for another week - I'm so hoping that it'll be better by the time I get home!<br>
  • @gem - Thanks! <br><br>(For "Does the issue happen in just one location. If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?", I was very tempted to answer "another part of London.")<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@harpistic, you are welcome!</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I see </font><a href="http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network/N4-london-no-signal/m-p/1385332/highlight/true#M55820" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">another thread</a><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> on the same topic started 2 days ago. Many other people </font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">seem to be </span><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">complaining</span><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;"> in the last two days, so the signal must have weakened. However, it seems that the N4 issue is now officially on </span><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">the</span><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;"> </span><a href="http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Faults-Board/7914-N4/m-p/1387650/thread-id/32588" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">Faults Board</a><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;"> (since this </span><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">morning</span><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">), so hopefully it will be resolved soon...</span></div>
  • From Vodafone via Twitter: " If you've been unable to use any services for 3+ days in a row we'll credit to cover line rental for that period :) ^JH"
  • From the Vodafone forum, a petition for fed-up Vodafone customers:<br>http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/vodafone-awful-coverage-london/<br>;