SPARKS

AliAli
edited February 2013 in Sharing
<P>Is  closing this  weekend.</P> <P> </P> <P>Shop is becoming another  Chemist. the one near  to then old telphone office  nr to Worlds  End is moving up the road</P>

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes, they are. Or to be more precise, Michael is. He has worked there for years, but has been expecting closure for months. I feel very sorry for him. He didn't seem very optimistic about finding another job. I will look in and wish him well tomorrow, if it's not too late.
  • PS. Won't that make THREE chemists up that end of SGR?
  • what a shame - they have been there for so long and have tried to reinvent themselves lots of times to cope with all the technological changes, but I have been wondering for several years now how they manage to keep going. I remember them trying to fix an old turntable for me years ago, when they were an electrical goods and repair shop... I'll be sorry to see them go. <div><br></div><div>And yes - more chemists? Why??</div>
  • Spoke to Michael an hour ago. False alarm - well, not-quite-right alarm. Sparks IS closing, but not this weekend.The new owner had bought a chemist's shop further south in SGR, but decided to transfer to the Sparks premises because of the nearby doctors' practice. I suppose there might be enough work for 3 such shops, although it seems excessive to me, and - once again - it's sad we are losing Sparks - and Michael.
  • edited February 2013
    I too spoke to Michael today and found him very upset about misleading tittle-tattle being posted here.   Well, we all do it.  But it was never the case that today was going to be his 'last day'.     Yes -  unfortunately - Sparks is likely to close quite soon and there are discussions going on, but nothing has been confirmed and it could be weeks or even months.  The chemist has been to measure up, that's all.   Michael has not been told anything else.<br><br>Michael is likely to lose his job and it will be very tough getting a new one.  He is a good friend to many, many people round here and has done everybody innumerable favours, half the gadgets in my house are only working because of his technical know-how and cleverness with 'stuff', he's saved me hundreds of pounds.  But quite apart from that he is a damn nice guy who doesnt deserve to be shafted.    I think we should all rally round to give him whatever suppoprt we can.<br><br><br>
  • Good idea - could you persuade him to post here?
  • He is a lovely man and always says hello to me. A SGR fixture. I wish him well. 
  • a good sparky is useful to know about. Maybe we can persuade him to hand out his put his contact details on here and we can use him as a self employed person and recommend him to our friends? I think also it would be great to set up a list of local rercommended trades people on here , Anybody ever suggested that ? We seem to share that info anyway so why not make a list somewhere? Not offering as i am a technochimp but wd defo use such a thing if it existed<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">A student radio survey of SGR</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div>
  • My watch just broke down in California so Michael can sell me a new battery. Yippee
  • edited February 2013
    Cali, is it now. Show off!  I hope all is good for you over there!