April 1st 2013 - Sad day in history

edited April 2013 in Sharing
<p class="MsoNormal">Today is a very sad day in the history of this country.  The welfare cuts are enough to make your blood boil at the injustice of it, but the Health and Social bill that has been implemented from today is also very sad. I have a particular interest in this as I am Doctor in the NHS treating patients with cancer. I have been doing this for over 10 years now.  One of the biggest challenges we have with cancer is late diagnosis due to late presentation and incorrect diagnosis. By allowing private companies now to be allowed to perform and tender for contracts with the local commission groups (PCTs have been dismantled) the quality of care will go down as cost is the driving factor. I have had personal experience with private companies taking over NHS contracts and the I have seen countless disasters with no one accountable.  At least currently we have some hold of who is doing what in North East London but that will soon change.  Many of the Tories are on the board of United Health who will bid for many of these contracts and are set to make a fair bit. I could go on for ages regarding this but I would like to apologise to you all for letting you down. Despite trying everything to get the attention of the British public in 2010/2011 we failed to prevent this bill going through only managing to get some minor amendments made.  The BMA and other medical colleges were not strong enough to stop the Tories pushing this through.  This bill all started when Lansley was playing cricket in Kent in 2006 and collapsed with a stroke. He is arrogantly defiant in his ideas but his successor has kept undercover but is just as blue. I really hope this can be reversed but I suspect this is the beginning of the end of the NHS. </p>

Comments