Olive Oil Latest

edited April 2013 in Classifieds
I have resupplied Ash at SG Fruit and Veg with Stroud Green Olive Oil. These are nearly the last bottles available, I have almost sold out since November (100 litres) and will have to seek new supplies. I had been reconsidering the future of SGOO as on doing the sums I found I made a stonking great loss first time round, however that was mainly due to the inept business plan and massively unsustainable transport costs. But I've found an affordable way of getting the stuff from Italy to Stroud Green now, so if I can source supplies of a similar quality (this will be from neighbouring smallholdings) I will aim to restock with more oil in May. I will probably change the price structure and use bigger bottles too, maybe an over-the-counter bring-your-own bottle lark at one of the local grocers. Some tastings too. I can see this will never be more than a hobby and a barmy enthusiasm but at least it will cover the costs and pay for itself, and continue to put SG on the culinary map..... Apologies if there is an interruption in supplies towards the end of the month... More rave reviews for Abruzzo (twinned with SG Road) on TripAdvisor too!

Comments

• @krappyrubsnif, are you still refilling bottles? I have saved and washed  my SGOO bottle, and would love to bring it for recharging if possible!
  • edited December 2017
  • I'll arrange this next week. Watch this space
  • Great, thanks. Went to Ash for emergency supplies this morning, but would still like to refill the other. We seem to get through it quite quickly!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks.  I've just resupplied Organic Fruit and Veg with the last 12 bottles.   Refills available from me - please DM.   I have a few litres left so if I get enough orders I will make a personal delivery round.<br><br>And Twitter?  Spammy?  In what way?  I just sent out a load of messages, nothing to do with Stroud Green, but I assume nobody reads them so I just blast them out indiscriminately anyway.<br><br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It might be about to happen, one of my truth-seeking journalistic websites has just been disabled by malicious hackers using a DDOS (distributed denial of service) attack.   I'm expecting the worst.      It's a cult and they don't like seeing their activities exposed.   Anybody know how to make a website DDOS-proof?<br>
  • Ooo, tell us more.<br>
  • Q: "<span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 20.796875px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Anybody know how to make a website DDOS-proof?"</span><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 20.796875px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 20.796875px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">A: don't be interesting enough to be worth DDOS-ing</span></div>