New "Organic Place" on Hornsey Road

Comments

• edited September 2013
  • Dropped in today and had a rather good latte. Food is expensive but great quality. Let's hope they get enough business.
  • <P>Hey taff, the food is excellent quality...I've shifted a lot of my purchases to Organic Stall instead of Waitrose. I think that it's only expensive compared to the kind of shop we're used to on Hornsey Road. Given that it's all organic, I think it's actually reasonably priced.</P> <P>@organic_stall I would love to have a weekly/fortnightly bag of fruit and veg that I could pick up pre-selected. I've been using Abel and Cole for a few years now and would be happy to switch to support a local business. I think if the selection is interesting, varied and competitively priced people would be happy to subscribe. As it's collection, some people might need a motivation for subscribing and not just picking up what they want when they want.</P> <P>Perhaps making the veg selection cheaper than buying all the parts separately?</P>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I visited the shop for the first time yesterday and I was very impressed with the produce, especially the selection of organic and gluten free pasta. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I thought everything was quite reasonably priced. </font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">I'm going to try and do most of my shopping here from now on. </div></div>
  • I know I'm a big pusher of this place but I bloody love the stuff Kay does. Just as a heads up they now accept cards for spends over £5 which is really useful.
  • <br><div>@ Bigjock</div><div><br></div><div>Second that - got a few bits and pieces and I am very impressed!</div>
  • Good croissants too.
  • edited June 2013
    Don't mean to be a chill factor but I zipped in there a week or so ago and there was almost nothing in the way of fresh veg I wanted to buy. All I came away with was some plump garlic - no green pepper, fresh mushroom or much else. I came away thinking he needs to sort his supplying out. I would definitely shop there and support him if he's got the goods.
  • <P>@krappyrubsnif I think it's been hard as a new shop to know how much fresh stuff to get in...must get frustrating having to throw stuff away.</P> <P>He's had mushrooms and green peppers the last few times I've been in there.</P> <P>Also I saw on twitter that he's started doing organic veg boxes from today. If people commit to that I'm sure the it would help with getting the fresh supply sorted.</P>
  • @organic_stall, I think your Twitter account may have been hacked - unless you really are suggesting tips for losing 25lbs of fat!!
  • I'm going to put in a vote of support for Kay's organic shop. He's doing a great job on the hornsey road and it's great to have a shop of that quality there. But he's going to need everyone's support to stay in business. It can't be easy. The hours he puts in alone are punishing. He deserves to survive.
  • nick_m - I totally agree, really want it to do well. <div><br></div><div>I also hear that the Plough pub on hornsey rd is having a refurb into a gastro pub?? anyone know anything about this? </div>
  • I would like to suggest that they get a glass paint marker and write on the window a description or list of what they do. It's hard to see in from the outside and the fascia signage is dodgy to say the least. A new business should be blowing its own trumpet non-stop and not blocking the view inside with boards, paintings etc. A blackboard outside with a list of what's in season, like Ash has at SG Fruit & Veg would be good too. Detritus cycles past there almost every day and hadn't noticed it til I pointed it out a couple of weeks ago. It really is quite difficult to tell what it's about and what kind of shop it is from outside.
  • The Plough is going gastro?
  • apparently so according to the guy who runs Front Room. Also mentioned 2 new Delhi places coming to Stroud Green Rd??  
  • Yes - 1 at the Hummingbird, 1 at the old DIY shop.
  • This means ppl will be wearing jumpers without shirts more. Very up market .trendy. good. Agree about the veg shop it is GREAT. Plough can be rough so difficult to see the clientele ordering wilted kale and raspberry sorbets . Chang
  • Twitter account was hacked Vetski! But the 15% closing discount is posted by me. Thank you everybody who supported me for the past 4 months. See you all at thenext project ;)
  • You're closing? Sorry to hear that, good luck with future projects.
  • This guy is a star up there with Vitor and Paola as big hearted SG ledgends Chang
  • @organic_stall, what a shame. Best of luck for your reincarnation!
  • So sorry to hear about that Kay. Such a shame after all your hard work. I'll pop in to wish you well.
  • Thanks for the only slightly exaggerated complements.. Nobody should be sorry nor feel its a shame! The business was not failing.. Just not making enough to pay creditor in time.. However ridiculous this may sound I had make this decision to pay back debt. So again not making a loss but not making enough to pay back the debt in time! A lesson learnt..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just seen an update on Twitter - apparently not closing down after all! Hopefully Kay will be along with more info later on.
  • Kay's still in business!
  • <div><div><div>announcement to interested parties;</div><div><br></div><div>you can now save 25% when you sign up as a member. Monthly membership is £10. 200 members needed to start this brilliant idea. </div></div></div><div><br></div><div>I dont need to say much about it. its a no brainer ! Feel free to ask questions via twitter @organic_stall<;/div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Have just joined. Incidentally, the aubergine dip is the food of the gods.