It's going to be LOUD.

Comments

• <p>Sounded great from Charteris Road. Good to have a recce on the timing and set list before we go tomorrow. Can't stand the flippin helicopters though, they arrived during Resurrection and will probably be here all night </p><p> </p>
  • The helicopters are probably there for security reasons, but I think it's about time they invented silent helicopters. :-)<br>
  • It's the police, according to the Met helicopter's Twitter feed. Yes, there really is such a thing it seems.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes, it's the police. That helicopter (according to the tweets) has helped to find criminals, so it's a good thing. It's just very loud. But I'd love to fly with one one day. Err, as a passenger, not in cuffs. <br>
  • It sounded like people had a good time in general. Singing, happy crowds after the gig.Hope everything was friendly and stays like it.<br>
  • @Stella, yes the park is accessible from Oxford Road - but you won't be able to come out that way, as the Oxford Gate is locked when it gets dark. PS - crims don't get carted off by Met chopper; the cops onboard talk ground units in to make arrests.<div><br></div><div>@Jonathan, I love their Twitter feed! Apart from seeing what they get up to, they post some great photos of London. @MPSinthesky for anyone else interested.</div><div><br></div><div>Soundchecks yesterday were deafening - talking to my next door neighbour outside the front, we had to raise our voices to be heard at a distance of no more than 2 feet. Very glad we went to Park Theatre to see 'Their Shining Lives' tonight - terrific play & can confirm their soundproofing is excellent! Only heard the din very faintly a couple of times. But am appalled at the extent of the littering left by SR fans. It doesn't dawn on these people to put their rubbish in bins, even residential ones?</div>
  • Vetski: thank you for the info. Oh and that's what I meant re the Choppers. Would be a tad tricky to catch crims that way, unless you have Spiderman on board. :-)<br>
  • Of to gig shortly.  Beyond self with excitement!  Big grin on face all day
  • Finsbury Park rocks. Literally.<br>
  • I want to go again, I might avoid getting punched this time. But it was fantastic.
  • If you are going a word to the wise don't stand to close to the front as the amount of cups and bottles filled with piss getting thrown was in the 100's. Beer was £4.50 not sure about the water. The piss was free.
  • @checkski, don't try coming back via FP. We went down there to get Detritus some chips after the concert and it was hellish.
  • We're walking down there now from Crouch Hill. What's the best way in and then out at the end of night?
  • There was a bit of trouble in the crowd. And had to step in once to stop a fight but it's what you do when someone is attempting to throttle a friend. Most of it was good natured but it still baffles me as to why anyone would attempt to pick on two men who are both around 6ft 6 with a combined weight of over 40stn. There was absolutely no searching at the gates just someone saying what can't be taken in the security was lax, and if you don't like the smell of weed you might not enjoy it all that much. As for the music well it's the Stone Roses you don't see them for the musical ability you see them coz it's the Stone Roses.
  • Best way in is via Oxford Road. Best way out is up where the cars can get into the park (I forget the name of the street)
  • Thank you both.
  • Thanks, Miss Annie.
  • If you are going to the gig tonight and see a clown limping about with a Stone Roses t-shirt and a Manc accent kick him for me. The idiot stepped off the pavement right in front of me I hit him I came off the bike and he tried to blame me. But thats inbred Mancs for you.
  • Ohoo. I feel a lot of anger on here today. I was planning to go to the park with my friend tonight. Not inside the walls, but outside. Are there idiots outside, too? Do I need to bring my boxing gloves? :-) <br>
  • I am going to the park as well stella think annie is coming as well. If you fancy meeting up? Just sat in the garden listing to the better half of the smiths playing
  • I'd love to. Where are you going to be? My friend is coming later, too. Man I wish I had a garden.<br>
  • The roses are on at 8.40 shall we meet outside nandos at 8.20? Unless you want to hear pil? Then we can work out the best place to go and listen, I guess the parkland walk or around the lake would be good.
  • That's a very good suggestion. Hopefully my friend will be here by then, too. :-) Quite looking forward to the gig. From what I've heard yesterday, it was good music.<br>
  • I have to admit I almost shed a tear when they came on stage it was one of my dreams to see them play live. See you at nandos.
  • That's what would happen to me if I ever see David Bowie live. I've admired him since I was a teen and just love his voice. Well, the man in general is not bad. :-)<br>
  • I would love to see Bowie, the smiths and Kate Bush.
  • edited June 2013
    Yep. I'd go with you to all three. <br>