Upper Street

edited August 2013 in Local discussion
I realise it's outside the area proper, but it's not that far, and I've been drawing a blank elsewhere, so does anybody know:<div><br></div><div>1) How come that big redevelopment (incorporating the Tap Room and the gluten-free bakery (so Islington)) was allowed to destroy the garden at the corner of Barnsbury St - and then not even use the space, but just leave a bare patch of sand?</div><div><br></div><div>2) Is the ugly mess that's been made of the war memorial on Islington Green, with supporting girders and such, permanent?</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Comments

• @ ADGS: <span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">I realise it's outside the area proper</span><div> </div><div>... and yet you still posted <div><br></div></div>
  • I'll try to find out about the war memorial, as Waterstones is on the Green we usually get detailed info about anything that's happening there.
  • I was wondering about that little garden as well. I was sad to see it disappear.