Oasis Indian Buffet

2»

Comments

• Am hoping Pancakes Paradise will do takeaway crepes au citron - perfect mini-nosh on a chilly day.
  • Why does everyone hate Mexicali so? I've been a couple of times, good service and good food for a reasonable price. What's not to like?<div><br></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Geneva, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 17.9375px;">all depends on your definition of good food really</span></font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;"><font face="Arial, Geneva, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 17.9375px;"><br></span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 17.9375px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div></div>
  • In fairness to Dudley's they were a fairly established North London micro-chain, I think they had 3 or 4 outlets.  The original, and I think only remaining one is in Barnet and I've friends up there who love it.  I'd guess it Stroud Green was just slightly too "inner" London for it to work, much like an Indian buffet.<div><br></div><div>Oasis Indian Buffet however was quite clearly some kind of laundering/scam/other dodgy business practice I'm unaware of.</div><div><br></div><div>Where exactly is this Pancakes Paradise?</div>
  • I went to Dudley's in Barnet. Pancakes and waffles - what's not to like?<br>
  • I'm beginning to think certain places are cursed or there's a karmic quota system going on.  And I'm a non-believer.  
  • Amen Idoru.  Dudleys in a Barnet was one of the first places my now wife took me on a date!
  • My old housemate liked Dudleys but I moved here too late to enjoy it. I live very near this Pancake Paradise place and I can guarantee that it won't last. The most recent thing there lasted about two weeks.
  • Dudley's had a reasonable run considering it was basically selling pancakes that were like pizzas against some formidable actual pizza opposition.<br><br>I could see how it works in Barnet for families taking kids out, but never thought it would pull in enough people on Stroud Green Road.<br><br>Shall we crowdfund a Vietnamese restaurant to takeover the Oasis premises?<br><br><br>
  • Thank goodness we have Mezbann. The Dahl there is simply amazing
  • The Mexican is quite good but staffed by Zlithuanians so slightly inauthentic. Sinking feeling about pancakes ...and 'Tossers' is an infortunate name IMHO. who wants them for a meal in the evening? Anyhow Good Luck I will go and eat a few . Chang
  • <div>I'm happy to see Oasis closed for good! Anyone else thinks this was a money laundering operation? (Maybe I watched too many episodes of Breaking Bad, but honestly, these guys definitely had no idea what they were doing...)</div>I m well up for a vietnamese replacement!<div>However if you cannot wait, I would recommend 'Au Lac' in Highbury, they deliver to SGR (usually in 30mins) and their beef in black bean sauce & rare beef phò are to die for.</div><div>I agree about the mexican, it didn't appeal to me at first, but the food is actually quite good, cheap, a bit heavy sure, but definitely great on a hangover!</div><div>As for the pancakes ... being French I am going to be very difficult... but I'll give them a chance!</div>
  • <span style="font-style: normal;">Hang about, surely all the laundering operations in </span><i>Breaking Bad </i>were also run well as businesses of their ilk?