Alexander Palace: Back With A Bang

edited October 2013 in Local discussion
Does anyone by any chance have a spare ticket? Just the one i need for a friend.<div>Appreciate your help!</div>

Comments

• back with a bang and out with a whimper! I knew I should have bought tickets sooner. So annoying.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think you'll still get a great view from Ridge Road Kate if you want to see the fireworks.
  • Like most people I didn't buy a ticket ahead of time - where is the best place to see the fireworks from if you are not in the park? Does the ticketing mean no access to the park all day from 2pm? 
  • I happen to have a spare ticket. Well, in a way. The online ticket says: "please ensure that your entire party is together when you present this e-ticket." How do we get around this?
  • As Luirette says Ridge Rd is good - I used to have a friend in a top floor flat there and would go round for an annual firework viewing. You would probably also get a good view standing at the top of Montenotte Rd, just above Highgate Wood school - all downhill/ flat from there to Ally Pally.<div><br></div><div>Luckily I've found someone else who has tickets and will be taking the little one, which was my main concern, so I shall be staying indoors!</div>
  • edited November 2013
    The Bridge above St James Lane, Muswell Hill near the Royal Oak pub is a great place to watch the fireworks, you can actually see all across London so you see fireworks everywhere and it's near the pub too :) 
  • Thanks for the info - a good location near a pub sounds great.  Looking at it on the map I didn't even know that pub existed. Good be 2 good finds in one question. <div><br></div>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • <font face="Arial" size="2">Thank you so much <a href="http://www.stroudgreen.org/profile/2806/J_V_MacGyver" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(43, 45, 51); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">J_V_MacGyver</a>. Turns out I don't need the ticket now. Maybe someone else on here might take it off your hands?</font>
  • Anyone know what time the fireworks start? Website only says 2pm for the beer fest. Thanks
  • It starts at 8pm and lasts 30 minutes I read somewhere on there.   <div><br></div><div>It says the beer is first come first served, so maybe they'll run out.    You can't take drink in either.  I'm going to try and secret a can in my pocket.    I went to the park yesterday and I noticed that the foothills were all fenced off, so you have to walk up the main drag.   </div>
  • Thanks Dorothy. Camelbak of brandy under your coat, the never find that. Just going to be at the Ridge/Oakfield junction, once fenced in at AP was enough for me. Kids with sparklers are a death trap! Kerb beers and roll and sausage from that guy's garage if he hasn't been shut down.
  • Back from Ally Pally a little while ago. Wouldn't pay £9 for it again. Curious how the view was from outside - will watch from outside next year.
  • Yep was there this evening, pretty poor IMO.<div>Shoddy laser show & massively distracting, badly ampified pop music did not compensate for what was an average display.. would rather 15mins of good rather than 30 mins of deeply boring.</div><div><br></div><div>Free event in the past has been much better than this ticketed effort.</div><div><br></div>
  • Kids loved it though. The pop was good I thought but the one direction was overdone. Chang
  • I was at home watching Strictly. The Hallowe'en special is always one of the telly highlights of the year.
  • Wasn't it just Fab.U.Lous.? I didn't go to any displays because I don't hold with this celebrating on the wrong day.
  • Oh it was! Yes, looking forward to Tuesday. Twitter comments about Ally Pally make it sound like a massive disappointment.
  • Is there anywhere in the local area doing fireworks tonight?
  • By the sound of it, pretty much everywhere!
  • Great display but the urinating in the bushes afterwards spoiled it for Joyce. Chang
  • Perhaps Joyce came up with a portrait of an artist as a young man through witnessing such actions.
  • Did she accidentally wipe with a stinging nettle?  
  • No , Hassan her 'husband/lover/woteva ' did that (!) The nite certainly went with a bang for them!! Chang