Have you lived in Stroud Green and moved out of here in the last few years

edited February 2014 in Local discussion
Have you moved out of Stroud Green and out of London in the last few years.  What's your wisdom on this? Was it the right thing to do?

Comments

• More observation than wisdom but it seems to me that those people who like living here and want to stay, can't. Those who hate living here, go on about how terrible it is and would leave in a minute, don't. 
  • The reason people can't live here who like it is because of the way the place is going.  I complain about the way the place is going because I like the way it was.  Go figure.
  • I did (to Manchester).  <br><br>I came back..<br>
  • I did. Lived in n4 for many years, moved to the countryside. Love it. Miss the odd thing but upside of quality of life, peace and quiet, space very much worth it. Lifestyle adjusts quickly, and wouldn't dream of going back now. Still check in here as an early adopter of SG.org to keep my eye on the old hood but out of habit rather than regret.
  • edited February 2014
    Sort of, went of to the inland waterways only dropping by  to collect mail every few months, don,t think i could live here all the time getting itchy feet again already. Then again haven,t found a place i could happily live full time. <div><br></div><div>Admittedly though have always been more of a CE'r  still trying to get to know Stroud Green, it seems to be a forgotten strip with nothing happening  but at least like the green of  SG, The PW and   G Spinney keeps me sane , they make  this area special and livable in ( for short periods) for me.</div>
  • edited February 2014
    @ Ian. thanks for the feedback.  While London is in my blood, every time I've lived away from it I miss it, but the way things are going, I'm planning to leave it in the next few years if things don't change.  Friends have moved in the last few years and feel the same as you, no regrets. And they were club kids, though they've no family but are couples. The more I see the development at Finsbury Park station being completed the more I want to go. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Toddlesocks, Hettie Holland, Vagabond, Season and Dotori. I think you'll like them. They match, or better, most of most what Crouch End has to offer.
  • Walthamstow. The perfect compromise .
  • Nah. We're cooler than them. Awesomestow indeed.
  • But not too cool to stop the development which will lead to corporate Finsbury Park, Stroud Green.
  • @miss annie I have had it in mind to visit some of the mentioned , every time gone to SGR its poured. Just visit CE out of habit/familiarity, even the second hand stores more like  boutiques now so going far less.<div><br></div><div> Even though will soon be taking of back to the river to live , will be using the flat to work from this time so will still be in SG a fair bit. </div>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.