Are cars randomly moved in the area?

edited February 2014 in Local discussion
<div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">My boyfriend parked his car last sunday on Albert road, hasn't used it since, looked for it tonight and it was gone!</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">After freaking out for about five minutes, we found it about a block away...</span></div><div>Has anyone experienced something like this before?</div><div>The only rational explanation I find would be the Arsenal - Bayern Munich match on Tuesday, but I would have thought the council would leave a note about relocating vehicles, especially since Albert road isn't a restricted zone during match days... </div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">(We are 100% sure no one used the car since, and no one drunk drove it!) </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Any ideas on what happened?</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Thanks!</span></div>

Comments

• Detritus had this experience in Pimlico, his car was moved round the corner because the road was being resurfaced. The company had forgotten to put up any signs so they just moved the cars.
  • There is also the ghost explanation (see pictures in old dairy pub). Scarborough rd was the place of a savage murder and it's known by psychics to have a funny aura . Was the car parked there? Chang
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This does happen. The water main burst outside our flat, and the water company had to close some of the road off for a bit to fix it. I got a call from the council one morning telling me this was happening and asking if I was able to move my car. I was, as it happened; but otherwise they'd have moved it in order to let the works happen quickly (as they needed to - lots of houses had had their water cut off).
  • Did you leave the keys in? My old car was stolen from outside my house one afternoon. I'd left the keys in the boot. Panic. Half an hour later I found it parked at the other end of Lorne Road. There was a bloke sitting in it. In the end the thief gave me the keys back and we shook hands. Surreal. Hilarious.
  • Wished they'd have moved my motor instead of fining me £65 for leaving it parked on our street when they were pruning the trees - didn't see their parking suspension notices. Still, if anyone lives on Hanley Road, I effectively paid for them trees to be pruned. Enjoy.
  • My workboat took herself for a cruise a few yrs ago ( her ropes had been untied) from Horse shoe bridge at Springrield was found happily sitting outside the Prince of Wales Pub near lee bridge rd, not a scratch on her. She is built like a TANK i still have nightmares about the damage she could have caused. <div><br></div><div>Quite ironic an ol BW workboat makes it way to the  pub!</div>
  • Chang - tell more about this Scarborough Road murder, was it recent?
  • edited February 2014
    March 1966. It would take Poirot to solve (according to the CID bloke who came round to Joyce and Hassan), it but it was a sad affair and Lorne Road was impacted because of the victim's Mum . The ugly thing is that even in metropolitan areas like this the undead do their thing . There is quite a bit of Jamacian vibe about it too - see Hummingbird stories on other threads. I for one would not travel on the parkland walk on a Tuesday wearing yellow corduroys . Chang
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well thank you all for these possible explanations!
  • My sister had her car moved a few years back up on Stanhope Road (Crouch End, Highgate way). She used to park it there as she lived on Gladsmuir Road and had no residents parking permit.<br><br>She freaked out thought it had been stolen, then thought maybe she parked it somewhere else, then found it round the corner.<br><br>Again roadworks or resurfacing or something.<br><br>@Chang Crouch End has had an issue with the undead too. Mainly around Weston Park.<br>