Virgin media collapse

edited March 2014 in Local discussion
Broadband and phone Any one else?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I know Vetski's had a Virgin broadband problem this weekend.
  • all back again now
  • Yes, came home on Fri at 6pm to discover I was broadband-less - apparently a problem with my router. Except on Sat am I got a text to say that it was actually a network problem. Barely any service yesterday, but seems to be behaving now.  
  • Does anyone else get letters from Virgin at least monthly, asking them to join up?
  • Yes, the letters are annoying.  I find virgin Media to be quite good.  I had problems last year and they came along and gave me a new router.  It's only stopped working once in the last year and that was for an hour or so.
  • Mine went down on Friday afternoon, and still have no service despite Virgin texting me to say the problem has been fixed. Did anyone have to do anything other than their 'switch it off and on again' advice?
  • I haven't heard anything from VM since the txt I mentioned above about there being a network issue. My b-band is working most of the time atm, but is still collapsing on odd occasions. Have you rebooted stuff (the technical term, I believe) since being told it's been fixed?<div><br><div><br></div></div>
  • <P>Yep tried all that, several times. I've just been staring at those flickering green lights praying for them to turn blue, but nowt. Engineer coming on Weds now. That'll be 6 days without broadband (if they manage to fix it).</P>
  • @foureyes - make sure virgin do not charge you for the period you dont have service. They should refund you for it
  • Was just about to say the same, Vetski. They're normally good with refunds. I didn't have any problems (touch wood). The thing with Virgin is: if it runs, it runs, but if you've got a problem it's a major undertaking.<br>