Tollington Community Open Day

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri', 'sans-serif'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US" lang=EN-US><FONT size=3>The Ward Partnership brings together some of the key organisations working in this area: the local councillors, Islington Council, Safer Neighbourhood team, Housing Associations like Family Mosiac and Partners, Tenants’ Associations and Community Groups such as Timbuktu and Hanley Crouch Community Association. It is chaired by Councillor Jean Roger Kaseki and the two other councillors attend who are Richard Watts (leader of the Council) and Catherine West (former leader of the Council).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P> <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri', 'sans-serif'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US" lang=EN-US><FONT size=3> <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P> <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri', 'sans-serif'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US" lang=EN-US><FONT size=3>As part of the Ward Partnership arrangements, we arrange 2 public consultation events within the Tollington Ward. The next event is to be held on </FONT><B><FONT size=3>Saturday 15</FONT><FONT size=2><SUP>th</SUP></FONT><FONT size=3> March at Islington Arts and Media School from 12 to 5pm.</FONT></B><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P> <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri', 'sans-serif'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US" lang=EN-US><FONT size=3> <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P> <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri', 'sans-serif'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US" lang=EN-US><FONT size=3>The aim of the event is to consult residents on local services in the Tollington ward and get feedback on how they can be improved or for some it will be simply making them aware on what advice/support is available. There are plenty of activities for all the family including face painting, bouncy castles, line dancing to employment support workshops and motivational speakers.</FONT></SPAN></P>

Comments

• I went to this Saturday afternoon and. It was good to see what was going on, and the volunteering schemes in the local area. they had some lovely food. <div><br></div><div>I had a long chat with Richard Watts (Labour councillor). I didn't realise the split of housing in Tollington ward is as follows</div><div>1.45% social housing </div><div>2.15% owner occupier </div><div>3.40% private rented </div><div><br></div><div>I discussed the dangerous crossing of holloway Rd from Iseldon road going towards Camden. The traffic lanes are not aligned at busses/cars are getting constantly crossing lanes espeicially cars that ene dup in the Caledonian rd lane. Sometimes as a cyclist it feels as though you are taking your life in your own hands crossing that junction. It is a TFL road and they are planning to upgrade that junction in next 2 years. It is a long way away, and can't be done any quicker. </div><div><br></div><div>We had a long chat about JJ site and the trees,. The huge economic benefits of JJ for the local area were outlined to me, and so I am feeling slightly more reassured by this. </div><div><br></div><div>I asked if Hercules street (road next to the swimmers pub) could be 2 way for cyclists as it is only one way at present. Richard will look into this and contact me,  </div><div><br></div><div>Jeremy Corbyn and Richard are looking into ways in which they can help the current housing crises. They are starting up a social enterprise letting agent and change legislation to give tenants more rights </div><div><br></div><div>I had a really nice time and it was good to see the wonderful work that is going on involving all sections of society. It was nice to see the school results in the local area improving too. </div>
  • Thanks for the report Sutent.
  • Your welcome. My ownly slight frustration is that I wish I could be doing more. There are so many cool schemes that I would love to be involved in. My 13 hour days at work and travelling means I cannot commit to anything!
  • What type of housing do the other 93% live in?<br>
  • @foureyes. Don't understand your question
  • It is numbering 1 2 3 - this is not part of the percentage. Think of a) 45% etc Blimey the internet is great for confusing things and people isn't it?
  • I am very slow and easily confused
  • oh, that explains it! I was puzzled.<br><br>You made much better use of your time there than I did, Sutent - I was basically wandering about waiting while child played on bouncy castle etc - when I saw your post I realised I should have been more energetic ...<br>
  • 1.45 rather than 1) 45