Getting in/out of the park during Arctic Monkeys

edited May 2014 in Local discussion
I heard the Oxford Road entrance to the park is closed for the AM gigs, does anyone know if there's any other way in apart form the main entrances on Seven Sisters/Manor House? Not going to the gigs themselves, just wanted to have a listen in the park...

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Parkrun is cancelled tomorrow. So gutted. 
  • The gate on Upper Tollington/Oakfield was open for the Stone Roses, and they have set up what appears to be the same 'ticket entrance' gate near the Zebra crossing by the cafe, so seems reasonable to assume it will be open.<br>
  • I think we'll stroll up towards the Endymion Road one and see what's what, just can't be doing with traversing Seven Sisters/Blackstock palava. Oxford Rd was open last year for Stone Roses too but they probably had complaints. Thanks peeps :)
  • The briefing material the council put through the letter box says that Oxford Gate will close at 4pm on both Concert days
  • Oxford gate was closed last year. Upper Tollington/Endymion Rd. was open. I'd like to go, too. 
  • They certainly haven't closed the Oxford Road gate yet.
  • We got in and out via Oxford Road last year for SR, maybe they just closed it during the gig
  • They are noisy. Heard whole gig.
  • Now bloody helicopters
  • Stop moaning! I loved hearing it from home, if only just a tiny bit. Would have loved to hear more. Grrrrr. <div><br></div>
  • Now if it was slayer then I wouldn't mind but this...
  • I really liked the first support act, Royal Blood. AM weren't too bad, and the fan base seemed pretty well-behaved.
  • My friend got to Finsbury park station at midnight. She said there was a fight at the station and she was very intimidated
  • Was the Endymion Road main gate open last night?<div><br></div>
  • Don't know about last night, but I just drove past it on the way back from Sainsbury's and there was a sign saying 'No exit from the concert via this gate'.
  • hmm ok thanks vetski.  Went passed there, security guard says it is open for entry/exit, but will close at 10pm tonight.
  • We got out of the Endymion exit and it was a while after the gig finished. I think it was a better experience just chilling out on the grassy knoll than being in the arena tbh, we could even just about see the screens and its a much more mellow crowd. My friend who was inside got felled by a flying pint of piss which is not my idea of fun!
  • In the distant past I went to see The Mission in some long departed Camden craphole where my friend was concussed by an airborne bottle of snakebite - the goth beverage of choice in those days. As Detritus has just said, snakebite will knock you on your arse one way or the other.
  • Well that was a bombscare of an organisation.  Forcing everyone out via Manor House?  Pushed to the little swing park near the cafe, helping people over the hip-high fence then walking back to Endymion road, only to be met by police telling us to 'walk down a bit then maybe you can jump the fence'<div><br></div><div>Ok gig, really bad exit strategy.  Oh well.  Hope no one gets crushed to death (tho pretty sure there will be injuries)</div>
  • edited May 2014
    I know, with a slosh of Ribena in my (brief) goth days. We used to take it to gigs, along with vodka in our own bottles. I imagine young people these days do a similar sort of thing. Although the door checks are probably a good deal more rigorous now than they were in the 80s.
  • At the thrash nights I use to go to we often got hit by carrier bags full of shit, used tampons and on one memorable occasion a semi rotten dead mole. I'm pretty sure that they don't sell them pre packed at asda.
  • Wow. I was into the hardcore scene in NY in the 80s but from these projectile descriptions, it seems it was strictly amateur hour.<br>
  • Thankfully I missed out. Places I went to everyone was in love and hugging each other with big smiley faces
  • Oddly enough you never see a carrier bag full of shit whizzing past your head at Glyndebourne. And I've only been to two of the bbc prom concerts and I didn't get knocked out by airborne bottles of piss. Maybe I went on a piss free night.