Filthy park

edited May 2014 in Local discussion
Eurgh absolutely disgusting this morning.

Comments

• At least the oxford road entrance is
  • Well, if they will insist on not only hosting large gigs, but large gigs by bands whose fans are largely 'lads', what else can we expect? 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • well, we just managed to vote them back in with a bigger majority...
  • I'm going today, and though excited to live so close to a venue, agree that the crowd for this and the Roses have been mostly beered up lads who should know better.  Pints of piss sure to be flying this evening :( <div><br></div><div>What have we become...</div><div><br></div><div>I also agree with misscara.  There's no accounting for the taste of the neighbourhood.  </div><div><br></div><div>But saying that, London itself is manky, not sure why anyone living in a city of xMillion expects everywhere too look like rural Hertfordshire every day of the year.  The park got back into ok shape after a few weeks from the Roses.  </div>
  • edited May 2014
    Not all London is manky (granted those least manky parts are even more cunty than the council), <div>and whilst I wouldn't want London to resemble Hertfordshire, I don't want it to be a literal or figurative toilet either. Our parks were conceived of as London's lungs yet they are increasingly being pimped out for a tidy revenue stream. Councils are too focussed on the bottom line to consider providing measures that maintain its continuing daily use for those of us, who choose not to culminate our evening's entertainment by pissing, shiting & puking that, beer, kebab & ketamine combo into the children's sandpit. </div>
  • The Guardian review described the crowd as knuckle-dragging troglodytes of the type one would expect at an Oasis concert.
  • We were outside the arena and found a good spot to enjoy it without the hooligan element. We took our rubbish with us as there didn't seem to be any bins about - it looked like the council didn't really think about that one...My friend who is inside did actually get hit by flying piss, she payed £60 odd quid for that experience
  • edited May 2014
    @<;a href="http://www.stroudgreen.org/profile/1432/Natashasly">Natashasly</a>. In some circles that would be called a bargain.<div><br></div><div>But that was kind of my point, for all the money made by this deal they lacked the foresight/were too tight to provide basic amenities.  </div>
  • I went to see oasis and agree, there was a large knuckle dragging element.
  • I got hit by flying piss at that one, but that'll teach me for going to Oasis gigs
  • Which council ? Seems like unless they have bins, cops and clean up plan u can take injunction and stop them. Chang
  • Everyone in the borough paid for that sandpit though I wouldn't want to shit in it myself.
  • Well, graeme, I suppose that's where you and I differ. <br>