Plumber recommendation

edited February 2013 in Reviews
<span style='font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;'><span style='font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;'>I know there are already a couple of threads that mention good plumbers in the area but I wanted to post a more recent one to recommend </span> Ben Hulme-Wright (07949144036). He sorted out our boiler a few weeks ago (I'm finally getting round to doing this), and as he was able to do it so quickly he charged us nothing (!) and just asked me to post a recommendation instead. I can wholeheartedly do that and thought it might be sensible to start a more recent discussion to make sure this gets seen - but sorry if I should have posted this under an old thread!<br> <br>Ben is actually recommended on a couple of other threads, all confirming that he's excellent, very friendly and very tidy. I wanted to add that when he's done work at our flat not only has he done a brilliant job (really thorough) he's always gone out of his way to be helpful. Our boiler just needed the pressure sorting out this time, and he showed us how we can do it ourselves if it happens again. It is an easy job but in my last flat a plumber charged me to do to the same thing and certainly didn't offer to teach me how to do it myself. <br> <br>If you're looking for a plumber he's awesome.</span>

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I agree. I have had Ben in a couple of time to do things recently. He is great.</font>
  • <br><div>Another vote for Ben!</div>
  • I just wanted to keep this up to date. I used Ben for some work based on this website's recommendation. He was on time, polite, informative and his rates are reasonable. I would recommend him for any work.  It was just a small job, but he came on short notice and gave friendly advice about future jobs - even ones he might not be able to do himself. <div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • edited July 2013
    Today I had the pleasure to deal for the first time with David from N4 GAS. My boiler has been leaking for a while and I did not know what was the problem, and I am not an expert when it comes to boilers.<BR>David came had a look at the boiler and replaced a small part.  The job was only 5 minutes and he had all the rights to charge me,  but he did not. <BR>I definitely will use N4 GAS if I have again a problem with my boiler in the future. Top service well done!  
  • I can very highly recommend Pete for plumbing.  I found him through another recommendation on this site (there must be another plumbing thread).  He was very reliable, trustworthy and did a great job solving my problem for what I believe was a very fair price.  He even answered the phone in the middle of the night and offered valuable advice when I was having an emergency plumbing issue.  Highly recommend.  His number is 0793 152963.