'My Cottage' Cafe

edited November 2014 in Local discussion
<div>Has anyone noticed the questionably-named yet incredibly cute café that has opened next to the Park Theatre? they have made a real effort with the interior décor - I mean it has guns on the wall and everything. And you can get a really decent coffee for the competition-beating price on £1.75.</div><div><br>I look forward to trying the breakfast.<br></div>

Comments

• I saw it as I passed by last night on my way home from the Tube but couldn't see the name. Thanks for posting. I may stop by this weekend to give it a try.
  • Yes. Just spotted it today. Cheeky positioning, right next to Park. And I am stoutly loyal to Gadz, further along, mainly because I like Hussain, and he is looking more and more swamped, with FOUR(?) new cafes opened in the last year or so. But the new one does look cute, so I too am going to have to give it a go...
  • I note it has job vacancy specifically for a waitress.  Just a bit sexist?
  • Not to mention illegal.
  • a new coffee shop is exactly what we need in this area...what next? a new Italian...?
  • Not comfortable enough, for me. Had a quick look, then across the road to one of Hussain's sumptuous armchairs. Pity about the TV, though (chez H), especially as it's usually tuned to bloody football, somewhere or other in the world.
  • Went for a coffee and croissant on the way to work.<div>Owner is friendly, the place is a bit cavernous and the benches are not very comfortable (there are proper tables and chairs at the back).  The latte was nice and came in a cute cup.</div><div>Would be interested in seeing how well they are going to do...</div><div>Incidentally, I like Hussain's too!</div>
  • Good God - I suddenly think I know who you are!
  • As you were. Have just read some of your comments, and they don't fit the person I was thinking of, who happens to have a similar name. Apologies.
  • I went in, it's a very charming looking place and reminded of being on holiday. It is much bigger on the inside. I had a coffee which was nice, and a croissant which tasted old. That is par for the course by the station though, the Park Theatre croissants have tasted a day old both times I've had them. Prices same as most other places. Very friendly people, I wish them well. Pleasing to see that Starbucks isn't that busy, why do people go there when there are so many nice indies around?
  • I was excited to see this cafe but disappointed to be charged £2.25 for a cup of English breakfast tea.... That is the most I've been charged anywhere for a while and I drink a lot of tea. I may go back if I don't have the baby with me (I couldn't see any highchairs or baby facilities but I could be wrong, and would be tricky with pushchair etc) as it was a lovely little cafe. The food looked great, service was a little slow but they had only been open a week or so and I guess they were still getting into the swing of it.
  • Very nice and friendly when I had breakfast in there. Benches a bit hard to sit on but food very decent.
  • I love Starbucks, Miss Annie.  It does the best Chai Tea Lattes!  (I can't stand coffee, horrible stuff.)<br><br>That said, if someone opened up a half-decent coffee shop near Londis, I'd feel obliged to go there more often than Starbucks on principle even if it only did tea.  The bike shop is a heroic effort and good for meeting people after the school run, but you can't really camp there when you need to escape the house.<br>
  • Looks cute and Mediterranean-ish, yet another improvement to the area! :)