Urgent - Awful Development at 64-68 Stapleton Hall Road!

13»

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">http://www.homebuilding.co.uk/completedprojects/folded-house</span></font><br><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">@Arkady ;What was the controversy? </span></font></div>
  • Some of the locals on Lancaster Road were incensed that the high wall was allowed.  There were also allegations that the property had at some point encroached onto the Parkland Walk, though I believe the ombudsman dismissed this.
  • Interesting.  I am surprised to see a pair of million pound houses here.<br><br>I missed the original application a few years back.  I'm starting to get a bit concerned by the number of places popping up bodged right against the road - it seems to unfair to let the other houses leave the space that helps a road look nice.  Though this is less problematic at a busy main road location like this one.<br><br>They do look to have made a good job of the space available; and they don't look as ugly as I feared they might.  Also as I live in a (Victorian) house with seven half-floors myself, I can say that it gives really good separation if you have a large family.<br><br>But the asking price does seem high.  The location is handy - right by the shops, bus and parkland walk; but it's not peaceful and as Luirette more or less says - if you have a million quid then you can probably sacrifice some space for location - in fact I had assumed those were flats - if you are buying your first flat in London you need that space.  Then again, the space doesn't look that bountiful either.  I can't tell from the floorplans but it looks to be quite a bit smaller than our house.  It might be worth paying an extra hundred grand plus for a nicely styled house in great condition, but the premium seems to be a lot more than that.<br>
  • edited January 2015
    Are people allowed to have this much opulence in this area?  tut tut<div><br></div><div><br></div>