Fabrica

New restaurant - the name is on the awning - just down or up from Season<div><br></div><div>Presumably this is the new spanish place people had alluded to on another thread which I can't find</div>

Comments

• They are certainly cracking on with this - tables set and a bar built. <div><br></div><div>Anyone find out anything more?</div>
  • Well, it was open tonight from 6.30pm - menu on the window with lots of classic spanish dishes - no prices however - so looks like a relatively soft opening<div><br></div><div>Looking forward to the first review</div>
  • I know it's the 3rd (or 4th) spanish/tapas place this guy has opened.  Its seemed to take an age to get fitted but I think they had to replan the interior (judging from a planning application in the window last week). Looked good when I peaked through the windows, seemed lots of bar stools so im hoping for some cava bar action too.
  • My husband went tonight and said he liked the food and also that it was good value.
  • I'm quite excited about this.  I have an unhealthy relationship with potatas bravas and chorizo.
  • Where is it? What is down and what is up?
  • Down or up depends on whether you are going to the station or coming from the station!
  • Is it literally next door to Season?  Or in one of the okld halal butchers a bit further up/down?
  • Next to net cafe the orange one
  • Next to net cafe the orange one
  • I went last night. It made me feel really sad going there as Mezabhan was one of my favourite places to eat and the food was some of the best I have ever tasted especially as they cooked in traditional Indian cauldrons. <div><br></div><div>It has a very modern feel to the place with a very pretty bar. There are bar stools there so you can easily stop by for a glass of wine and some tapas. </div><div><br></div><div>The food was very good. I am fake vegetarian  as I eat fish (as I have to eat a certain amount of protein per day with my training and I cant face drinking proteins shakes). The calmari and baby squid was very good. My favourite was berenjenas fritas made very well and so tasty. They have some great wines and we had a red wine from Malaga which was very nice. I will  definitely go back again. Dinner for 2, 6 tapas dishes and wine (£23) and olives came to £52. David the manager (and part owner) is very nice too. </div><div><br></div><div>I have been very resistance to change to the area. Places like Starbucks and unaffordable gift shops are depressing additions to the area. But Fabrica is a good addition to the area. Its sad that Mezabhan didn't survive the ethinc and economic cleansing  that gentrification brings. It won't be long until the halal meat shops and wig shops go, and that will be very sad too. <br><div><br></div><div> </div></div>
  • Good review!  Is ethnic cleansing quite fair though?  I'd say that the restaurants have become more diverse in recent years, rather than less.  I wonder if Mezbhan could have survived if it had re-invented itself a bit.  It may have been authentic streetfood, but it looked like a dive. Maybe a little investment in the décor, and making more effort to explain its distinctiveness...
  • <p>Nice review of Fabrica, sounds good.</p><p>I liked Mezbhan too, had my first ever Finsbury Park meal there on first moving to the area in 1999 (a naan chicken-tikka wrap, loved those things!). Nothing lasts for ever though, someone will no doubt correct me but the main guy there looked he was well due a nice, relaxing retirement rather than running a late-night restaurant. Not everything can be blamed on "gentrification"!</p>
  • I ate here this evening with my girlfriend and thought it was excellent. The food and wine were great and I think the place itself has been really well fitted out. A real contender for best restaurant in the area (in my humble opinion)
  • I was there tonight too @jlong.   Exceeded my expectations both on price and quality.    We were a table of four, ordered bread, eight tapas to share and a drink each and the bill came in under £50.   Food tasty, well cooked and presented and although at first the tapas look quite small, the quality is good and it was enough to eat.   Pleasant and attentive staff.<div><br></div><div>My daughter who lives in Madrid gave it four stars out of five for authenticity.  Let's hope it sticks around.</div>
  • Had a peer through the window yesterday evening. Looks really nice inside, menu looks good and there are some nice touches, like the nice thick curtain by the door to prevent a draught and the rather handsome bar with some bar stools.<div><br></div><div>Looking forward to trying it out.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Hi everyone. First post here! <div><br></div><div>We went to Fabrica last night (Sunday) and it was absolutely terrific, even if it was a bit quiet.</div><div><br></div><div>The food was wonderful (particularly recommend the albondigas/meatballs in almond sauce) and a very tasty carafe of wine. Music was good (Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions) and the atmosphere was very relaxed. All the staff were very nice – and all Spanish which we thought was a good sign!</div><div><br></div><div>Definitely try it out.</div>
  • Golly it's much more expensive than in Madrid, but then London is London ain't it! I will definitely grab a stool in here very soon. Thanks for the recommendation
  • Just wanted to add my recommendation to the pile. The ham croquettes are to die for.
  • Ate here last week and was very impressed. 4 of us had 8 or 9 very good tapas, bread and olives, bottle of wine and a few desserts and bill came to £80 which seemed reasonable for the quality of the food.<br><br>The room looks great, atmosphere was very relaxed and all of the staff were friendly and helpful. Have to go back soon to try the paella, seems to only be available on Sundays or Mondays at the moment. <br>
  • I recall tapas in Madrid is often tripe.<div><br></div><div>Much maligned dish, tripe.</div>
  • Deservedly maligned - I had an accidental up-close-&-personal moment with tripe tapas in Barcelona many years ago, & still feel slightly unwell when I recall it. Looking forward to trying Fabrica after all the positive comments.
  • Anyone spotted a phone number anywhere for them or website? I want to book a table but can't find one.
  • Couldn't find contact details anywhere so ended dropping in to book a table. Maybe the idea is to have a soft launch with no publicity? Having a phone number available wouldn't hurt.... <br><br><br>
  • i'm looking forward to going now- what do people recommend.<div>www.lifeofshayan.com</div>
  • <p>The number is: 020 7272 0020. I struggled to find any info too but this is from their receipt! Totally agree that a website is needed ... one to ask the owner next time I'm there! </p>
  • edited January 2015
    We ate there on Saturday night. Was good. Tasty food, decent prices, nice atmosphere. They seem to be doing really well. <div>Number is as jlong says above. The website will be<a href="http://www.lafabricastroudgreen.co.uk"> www.lafabricastroudgreen.co.uk</a> but not live yet the boss explained.</div><div><br></div><div>I'd recommend the prawns, the chorizo and the boar cheeks.</div>
  • Went on Friday.  Incredibly good, and very authentic. Not especially cheap, but good value for the quality.
  • Went for the Monday night paella, for £6.75 or something. Luke warm but tasty. The place is well done, and friendly, though feels as if you could be anywhere in London<br><br>