Local author reporting

So I've been living in Stroud Greed for over two years now and only last week did I find out about this forum, talking to the owner of the new Spanish restaurant down the road!<br><br>I just thought I'd introduce myself and give everyone the heads up about my writing—just in case anyone is interested: my debut novel was published in 2013, it's called The Night of the Rambler and deals with an attempted coup carried out by 16 men from the small Caribbean island of Anguilla in 1967 against the central government of St Kitts-Nevis-Anguilla. It's really just a good excuse to tell a crazy story and deal with the politics of the Caribbean from the 1930s to the 1960s!<div><br></div><div>And my second book came out just a couple of months ago, a bilingual (spanish and English) collection of flash fiction called Tales of Bed Sheets and Departure Lounges which deals with, well, what happens under bed sheets and in departure lounges, really, in super short stories. I mean, some of them are no more than a line or two!</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, if anyone fancies having a chat about these or any other book-related matters, I'm always available—often on this side of the bar at the Tavern.</div><div><br></div><div>Cheers,</div><div><br></div><div>MK</div>
Tagged:

Comments

• The Night of the Rambler sounds great. I see from Amazon that you are a chiromancer and telepathist. Tell us more.<div><br></div><div>Also, Montague Kobbé may be the best name ever.</div>
  • Lots of British tax evaders hide their money in Anguilla
  • Thanks, Arkady. When I heard the story I knew a book had to be written about it... As for my name, it's all right—but it wasn't quite as easy to grow up in Venezuela with a name like that, I can tell you right now!<br><br>The chiromancer and telepathist story is too long to tell here. Suffice it to say that an Argentinian play called La valija played a central role in it. And that not everything you read in the Internet is true! ;)<div><br></div><div>And yeah, Sutent, there are some offshore companies based in Anguilla. It's not really the place to go, though, if you're hiding your money... BVI, Caymans, and a whole host of other locations make it much easier as far as I understand—but don't hold me to it: I'm just a writer, not a forensic accountant!</div>
  • I know an international tax lawyer, he spends a LOT of time helicoptering in and out of the Cayman Islands.
  • I can't decide whether being helicoptered around from one place to the other is really cool or really weird. Probably both, I guess...