π Day Celebrations ( Pi Day) - 3/14/15 926 am and 53 seconds

<font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;">Some of you who celebrated π Day last year know that this year is a very important year for everyone’s favourite mathematical constant π. On 3/14/15 926 am and 53 seconds (next Saturday) will represent the constant π (π = 3.14159265389…). Unfortunately this falls on a Saturday. Globally π day is celebrated mostly by eating π, but π throwing is allowed. Due to the date system it is usually celebrated in the USA, but </span><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;">mathematical</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;"> departments all across the UK celebrate it now. </span></font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;">At work on the 16th March we will celebrate with my colleagues in my university. I am looking forward to eating pie from the following countries (Brasil, Hungary, Spain, Croatia, Uzbekistan, Russia, New Zealand, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Mauritius, Italy, Germany). I hope everyone here will join in.  </span><br></font><p class="MsoNormal" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"> <br><o:p></o:p></p></div>

Comments

• edited January 2018
  • Same to you and may you have many recurring ones Sutent
  • By coincidence, I have just come across the following:<div><br></div><div>HOW I WISH I COULD CALCULATE PI = 3.141592, by counting the number of letters in each word. </div><div><br></div><div>I won't bore you with the rhyme for 31decimal places...</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Surely Pi Day in Britain will be January 3rd, 4159?
  • The highlight of my year and the best day of the year. Shame its not a national holiday as <span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif";mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"> π  is more important to our daily lives. </span>For those of you new to Stroud Green please see above for definition of <span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif";mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"> π day. Last year we baked <span lang="EN-US" style="font-size: 10pt;"> π, but this year we are all going to a traditional </span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size: 10pt;"> π  shop. They sell mince beef </span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size: 10pt;"> π  and vegetarian </span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size: 10pt;"> π  with mash and liquor. </span> Also jellied eeles (I am not a fan).</span>
  • Aren't you a year late given that this is 2016?<br>
  • Its<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: 19.0476px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> π day on Monday. It will be </span><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: 19.0476px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> π to 2 decimal places [14th March, 3.14 (USA date system)]</span>
  • Happy π day everyone today.