Junction Road connection to Goblin Line

Reopening the Junction Road stop on the Goblin overground line would provide interconnectivity with the northern line at Tufnell Park for Crouch Hill station rail users. Does anyone know if this is still being considered?

Comments

• Does anyone know if this is still being considered? As it would provide underground connectivity to Crouch Hill station rail users.
  • It's still on a very long list of possible rail schemes but it's quite a way down that list.  Really would need some kind of development near Junction Road to pay for it.<div><br></div><div>If you need to get to Northern line stations from Crouch Hill there are better ways of doing this.</div>
  • More useful would be to run more than one through train per day, to stop cancelling it.  And also to synchronise the trains so that you have two minutes to change at Gospel Oak instead of arriving just after the previous train leaves.  It is so badly set up I'm suspicious it's deliberate.  Vent!
  • it is unlikely to happen anytime soon. the annoyance of changing at Gospel Oak is that they nrun every 15mins and the trains to Stratford run either every 10mins so you will always find them too early or too late! I know TfL would like to run them every 10mins too once the electrification is completed sometime...
  • edited May 2015
    The overground has improved dramatically over the last ten years.  The Goblin used  to run every half hour and the overground that runs from Stratford to Richmond(what was called the North London Line) ran every 20 minutes with missing trains, so sometimes a forty minute wait.  I always thought it was underused and knew if the powers that be (Ken Livingston and Labour made this an issue, sadly Boris took the credit) it would be a success.  It has been one.  The joining up of various overground branches turning it into an s-bahn (very good German overground service) is commendable.  I agree with N19 that it's not necessary to open Junction Road station again as there are other ways that you can access the Northern line through the Victoria, but who knows in time. I think there's plenty that can be improved on the overground like more frequent trains, which I think is happening.  It is one of London's success stories over the last few years.
  • Yes ok you're right it is much better.