Street Burger & Burrito. Opening delayed till this Friday!

Hi all. Just to keep you all updated on where we are. Opening night to the public has been postponed till this coming Friday. We had some huge teething issues last Friday which has resulted in a change of chef. We want to open with an amazing offering so will open this weekend (24th) as a trial (fri/sat/sun), make tweaks the following week and then open full time, 7 days a week from the following weekend (1st may). We are brand new and fully independent so these issues were expected as a start up.

Comments

• Best of luck, really looking forward to you opening
  • We went last night. Delicious burrito. You could tell that the meat was really high quality - little chunks of steak. And I can highly commend the chilli cheese fries.
  • We went last week and thought that the food was good, but the cocktails and the size that they served was a bit of a joke, especially for £8. Another lady sent her cocktail back when they served her...the general ambience was poor, it felt like it had no atmosphere, and the finish especially the toilets seemed very cheap. I'm sure that the students will love this place when they arrive, but it needs some work. I know that they are newly opened but it seems that they have cut corners to get open by doing things cheaply. I do wish them well for the future, but won't be rushing back.<div><br></div><div>The past place next door has been heaving, especially in the mornings serving coffee and cake, but have yet to try....</div>
  • edited December 2017
  • We were planning to try out Street for a post-theatre bite a couple of weeks back, but on looking in were amazed to find the place almost empty, quite dispiriting and depressing. I thought having a burger was supposed to be fun. This did not seem a good omen. We went to Fabrica instead - a bit of atmosphere and we didn't have a burger.
  • Enjoyed the food in there and thought I'd treat myself to a craft beer but they'd sold out of everything bar lager?
  • <p>I went to Street N4 a couple of weeks ago and, although the food as good, the service was incompetent. To cut a long story short the owner got in touch direct, was great and admitted staffing was a huge issue for them (and most other restaurants in London, especially when you're new). </p><p>Clearly very passionate and determined to get it right. Stick with it, especially if you like the food, and hopefully we'll end up with another Finsbury Park gem before too long.</p>
  • @gardener-joe The row of cafes and shops on that stretch goes like this: Park Theatre, Cottage Cafe, Street N4, Pasta Remoli, Ex fish and chip shop (now being refurbed I think), Newsagents, Starbucks. <br>
  • From the station entrance:<br><br>- Starbucks<br>- Food and Wine shop<br>- Fish and Chips (closed)<br>- Pasta Remoli: http://www.pastaremoli.co.uk/<br>- N4 Street Burger and Burrito<br>- My Cottage Cafe<br>- Park Theatre<br>
  • Service has to be easier to fix than food, so that sounds promising. 
  • Pasta Remoli was rammed this evening, N4 had two pairs of people! It doesn't look the best space when empty - will definitely give it a try though!!
  • I will be posting very soon. Please keep in mind we are an independent start up. Getting it perfect doesn't happen straight away. But I will. Tony
  • I seem to recall La Fabrica being quiet the first few weeks when it opened - I look forward to trying.  Do you do takeout?