W3 and W7 proposed to become 24 hour (Fri & Sat)

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/buses/night-bus-review<br><br>W3: every 30 mins<br>W7: every 20 mins<br><br>If you feel this is a good thing please respond to the consultation<br>

Comments

• Its a very good idea especially with night tube. I have responded to consultation. The busses should be more frequent though espeicially from 000 - 3am
  • A more frequent W7 for the masses of people in the evening and on Sundays seems like more of a need.   <div><br></div><div>If you live up nearer Crouch End, the N41 runs 24hrs from central London via Archway.  <div><br></div></div><div>You can also respond to the consultation if you don't think this is a worthwhile spend of TFL funds.</div>
  • The N41 doesn't connect with the Night Tube at Finsbury Park though... introduction of 24 hour W3/W7 would coincide with 24 hour tune on the Victoria/Piccadilly line.<br>
  • Northern Line going 24hours too though via Archway, no?  There are options to getting home in the small hours.  Spreading resources thin or hiking prices further to accommodate what must be real edge cases is a tough ask.  Just saying.  
  • edited May 2015
    While it's a great idea for many this is a bit of a mare for us. We've got a W3 bus stop right outside our flat and the whole building shakes when it arrives. It's a relief when they stop for the day. Every 30 mins at night is going to be testing.<br><br>Edit: at least it's only Fri & Sat I suppose.<br>
  • In all of this (night tube and proposed night buses) it is forecast the improvements will be revenue positive; that is the income from fares will be higher than the operating costs - so in theory will contribute to lower (or should I say stable) fares.<br>
  • Much needed in my opinion. I got a cab from the silver bullet to my flat near crouch hill station late last Saturday because I was too drunk and tired to walk. It cost me 6 quid! With a late w7 I could have better spent that money on a carrier bag of cheap chicken/a kebab from E Mono
  • edited June 2015
    Not opposed to this in principle, but I often take the W3 to and back from work and it's pretty unreliable. Buses from Northumberland Park often curtail the route at the Victoria Stakes roundabout without notice (eg the front of the bus says Finsbury Park, but then the destination changes en route). This involves having to walk from the alighting point to Hornsey High Street bus stop, which is very full. I have witnessed people arguing with the driver in order to get a transfer ticket delaying the whole journey further. Before getting a night route I'd like to see a more reliable and efficient daytime one!
  • @TheMimsy - the night route will be much more reliable due to less traffic. I have always thought what a long route it is from Finsbury Park to Northumberland Park through some very busy parts especially Wood Green. Maybe during the day they should split the route up ie Northumberland Park - Wood Green and Wood Green to Finsbury Park. <div><br></div><div>They did this with the 29 in the 2006 that used to do epic journey from Enfield Town/Palmers Green to Trafalger Square. This is a much shorter route now. Same with the 279 (Waltham Cross - Manor House now) and the 259 ( Edmonton Green - Kings X now)</div>
  • edited June 2015
    @ Sutent I agree with you, they should split the route in the same way they did with the routes you mention. <div>The issue is the lack of clarity, eg when the journey gets curtailed without notice and what this entails. Overall it's not a bad bus ride, and I love going through Alexandra Palace.</div>
  • The 253/254 being another one that used to all be one route - we seem to have a lot of them.