Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Travelodge Finsbury Park

<font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;">So this morning I was going past the old Maryland Hotel on Isledon Roadwhich got demolished a few weeks ago and they had banners up saying that there was a Travelodge getting built in it's place - does anyone know when it's supposed to open?</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">I found this saying they were starting work in August:</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;">http://www.smithjenkins.co.uk/portfolio/new-hotel-islington/</span></font><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px; line-height: normal;">http://www.walkermodular.com/latest-news/travelodge-isledon-road/</span></font><br></div>;
Tagged:

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="line-height: normal;">"</span></font><span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19.5px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> The hotel will replace a smaller vacant hotel on site and is located between residential properties and a large student housing scheme on Isledon Road. "</span><div><br></div><div><font color="#333333" face="HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><span style="line-height: 19.5px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">... and a hugely ugly vent shaft for the Victoria line. </span></font></div>
  • I've always thought they should do something to improve the aestherics of that vent... even just grow some ivy up it like at City Road.