House move - man/woman with a van

<span style="font-style: normal;">Greetings. My missus is moving up from Peckham next week. </span><span style="font-size: 13.3333330154419px;">She's already thrown out half of my belongings to make room for her stuff.</span><div><span style="font-style: normal;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-style: normal;">We need a 'man with a van' service to shift her kit from Peckham to the right side of the river. Any recommendations? She doesn't have </span><span style="font-style: italic;">that</span> much stuff. We've looked at one service but it looked a bit steep - they wanted close to £300.<div><br></div><div><br></div></div>

Comments

• Presume you've got this sorted by now, but if not then I'd suggest seeing if Movers Dave and Steve are available (and, indeed, if they go south of the river...).  Details elsewhere on this site but will post if you can't find.
  • Thanks Quince. And thanks to @slats - we went with your recommendation and they were friendly and seem good value. Moving day is Thursday...
  • I've just spoken to them for a quote too, for Friday - a hell of a lot cheaper than the people who want 340+VAT to move some stuff from N4 3 to N4 3!!
  • For anyone else looking at the thread,  I used anyvan.com when I moved a few months back when I couldn't get any recommendations.<div>  <div>You provide a realistic list of all the stuff you've got that needs shifting, and people bid on the job.  They have reviews and feedback etc.  Thought it was pretty good.</div><div><br></div><div>Got a large van and 3 guys for £200, N4->E9  (some of the bids were much lower tbh, but I went by the good feedback and paid a bit more).  </div><div><br></div></div>