Attack on SGR last night

Dear all<div><br></div><div>Myself and others witnessed a particularly nasty mugging/assault on SGR last night. A young guy who was walking up the road (listening to music and staring at his iPhone) was set upon by about half a dozen youths on bikes, who knocked him to the ground, took his possessions, then all proceeded to kick him in the head. The attack took place on the other side of the road from The Chippy, at the end of Marquis Road.</div><div><br></div><div>Fortunately the vicious attack was broken up by passers by, however one of them did return on his bike and karate kicked the poor guy in the headed knocking him back down to the ground. The police were called and arrived pretty quickly but the group of lads (about five or six black teenagers on BMX bikes had all disappeared into the Wall Court flats).</div><div><br></div><div>So, just a word of warning, take care out there. Even though SGR is a busy thoroughfare, you need to keep your wits about you! I saw the same group of lads coming towards me on Upper Tollington on Saturday night and feeling slightly threatened, crossed to the other side of the road to avoid them.</div>

Comments

• Oh my god this is terrible.<div><br></div><div>When did it happen?</div><div><br></div><div>I hope the person who was attacked is alright and that they will manage to tackle down the culprits, however i doubt it.</div><div><br></div><div>It's a terrible attack on a busy road with many people passing by. I can't believe this has happened round the corner from where i live.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks for reporting it.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • This happened at about 11.30 pm last night. The guy was on his feet but pretty shaken and I bet he's going to be very sore indeed today. 
  • edited August 2015
    Hi Four Eyes.   Bloody hell!     Did you have any contact with the police about it?  (As a witness.)   <div><br></div><div>The police often have a good idea who they might be looking for and it can be interesting to find out more.   </div><div><br></div><div>If you have seen these kids again (or before) you must have a pretty good memory of what they look like. Can you post a better description here of the nasty little yobs (age, wearing what kind of clothes etc) so we can all keep an eye out?  </div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I find this really upsetting as I too live very close by and Wall Court is just up the street.</span><br></div><div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • It is relieving that people stopped and helped the poor guy. This makes me feel a little bit happier honestly.<div><br></div><div>Hopefully few witnesses will report what they saw to the police and it shouldn't be too difficult to identify them (assuming that they are the same guys you saw on Saturday night) as they clearly are locals etc.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • And now SGR is cordoned off due to a stabbing.
  • 1) What krappy said<div>2) Which bit? I drove down the stretch from Nandos to the tube at 8.20am.</div>
  • I was told SGR on Twitter. Didn't see which bit, but a big chunk of Marquis Road was cordoned off when I walked down Florence Rd about 8:45.
  • Yeah, something happened again last night. Big police presence on Lorne and Victoria Roads, the end of Lorne Road was taped off by the police. I don't know what happened but it's scary. 
  • Sorry Krappy...the police got a good description of these scum bags. Black teenage lads, the usual hoodies so not very recognisable, however at least 1 or 2 of them have big afros. They're on the police's radar I think and hopefully it won't be long before they're caught! 
  • It was all quiet at 11 but apparently there was a lot of shouting in the Lorne/Victoria direction some time after midnight
  • edited August 2015
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">Spoke to a copper in Marquis Road.</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">Update:    Apparently the Marquis Road incident was a domestic - two people said to have stabbed each other. </span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">So probably not a mugging.  </span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><div><br></div><div>Marquis Road is cordoned off at the Florence Road end.    There were more than one (two?) victims and police are treating it as a serious assault.    It happened about 12-1am he said.    Nothing else to know at this stage, but if anybody has information to give to police they can call 101 and the incident number is 10157/26aug/15</div></div></div>