Virgin Media outage

edited November 2015 in Local discussion
I live on SGR near La Porchetta.  I used to experience Virgin Media going down once every month or two for an hour.  Now it's happening more.  Last week it went down for a whole day.  Yesterday for a few hours, Today for at least an hour.  Anyone else having this experience in the area, especially along SGR from Tollington to the Old Dairy and the surrounding roads like Lorne, Albert...?

Comments

• Hi,<div>I'm also living on SGR, near Sainsbury's and the connection also went down yesterday and today for half an hour or so. I'm new with Virgin media and I was wondering if it was something usual or not.</div>
  • Virgin are in middle of upgrading the network in this area to 150mb early in 2016 which is causing far more unreliability that recently. Hopefully, it will get better then. There was another discussion a few weeks ago on this point. Suggest you ring up Virgin Media and get the lowdown - if nothing else, it will make clear to the powers to be that there is an issue.
  • It's now happening on a daily basis day or night.
  • Thanks Mac London, was thinking of doing that but wanted to get the lowdown on this part of SG before doing so.   Seems to be a problem.  I will wait for more feedback, so would be grateful for more on Virgin Media internet before doing so.  I also find it a bit of a chore sometimes contacting them so need a bit more information before doing so.   Thanks again for the feedback.
  • edited November 2015
    Marriott Road here, new to Virgin, all good with no outages. I'm in area 015, for what it's worth.<div><br></div><div>If you log in to your account or look at your bill you can see details of the "area" you are in. </div>
  • N19 here - it's been very unreliable in the last 2 weeks or so.
  • Just went down for an hour but now back up!
  • We're on Virgin Media in Regina Road (also area 15) and we've had no problems at all recently but it used to be quite bad, with dropouts almost every weekend (Sundays especially bad). Ended up calling them and they said it was due to having an old router. It couldn't have been more than a couple of years old, but they sent out a new one, doubled our connection speed and we're now paying half what we were so it's definitely worth giving them a call!
  • Put Virgin into the search bar and look up previous discussions. You'll see they're far and away the most useless and unreliable network in the area :(|)
  • No virgin media internet since last night!
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    I complained and they explained it's going to get better in January. They knocked some money off my bill for 3 months.........
  • Hi,<div><br></div><div>thinking about switching to Virgin, but wary that some have had a bad experience of late. Has the service improved? Is it consistent?</div>
  • It is still very variable - I am going to ring them the next time the broadband goes down and ask for more than a 1 week deduction. Still probably better than alternatives
  • Never any problem with BT infinity in six years! You are all mad to put with Virgin's nonsense.
  • edited December 2017
  • The only criticism of virgin is that you cannot get BT sport in ultra HD