Light-fingered car cleaners in Stroud Green Road?

2»

Comments

• A night postman sorts letters during the night, getting them ready for the morning postman who used to start at 6 am.  I worked at St Pauls .  I was 19/20 and stuck it for 9 months.  It does lead to a misanthropic worldview. Bukowski worked as a postie too.  However, I'm still good with post codes 25 years on.<div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Sadly krappy it is a P&L, not a balance sheet - i will give you a lesson if you wash my car with a bucket and sponge on a freezing cold morning being shouted at by assorted eastern european gangmasters
  • P&L?    Sounds like a particularly nasty procedure in an STD clinic on a wet Tuesday afternoon.   'Hold still, I'm just giving you a P&L - this won't hurt.  Much."   What is a P&L?
  • Apologies for going back to the main topic, but the same thing happened to me at that car wash.  Only use the one behind Nandos now..<br>
  • OK - Profit and Loss. Lifelong most of my tax returns are L&L.
  • Thanks Krappy. Very interesting. <div><br></div><div>what are postman called now? Its not the most gender neutral job title</div>
  • Postal worker is the gender neutral job title.  But if you're a man I presume it's still okay to call yourself a postman.  
  • And presumably okay to call yourself a postwoman if you're female.<div><br></div><div>That New Statesman car wash article was interesting but I did sense some vested interest in there from an industry body that wants everyone to be forced to sign up.</div><div><br></div><div>I should add that I am under no illusion that hand car washes are the world's greatest employers.</div><div><br></div><div>My worst job was spent putting together cardboard boxes - was covered in paper cuts and bored senseless, lasted just a couple of days, before I moved up the ladder to a spot of general warehouse dogsbodying.</div>
  • <p>What I don't get is why take them in the first place do they have resale value or is just that  the "washer" needed then for their  own use ? </p><p>I wonder if  Ms May ever send s her Border Control into check  these places out for legality etc ?  </p><p> </p><p>Do they pay as much tax as Facebook in the UK?</p>
  • <p>What? That makes no sense.</p><p>Do you mean do the people have resale value or the cars? </p>
  • <p>I don't think it  was the car that was taken but  Satnav cable, screen attachment and a set of in-car mobile phone connections.</p><p> </p><p>I was just wondering what the  resale value was of the items to try and get an idea of what  the motivation might be to take them ?</p>
  • Replacement cost of one USB Satnav cable and a screen clamp £12.98.   <div><br></div><div>So perhaps whichever wicked washer nicked them put them straight on eBay or flogged them to a dodgy second hand electrical dealer for a couple of quid.  But it hardly seems worth it, unless they are filching large quantities of such stuff from all the cars that go through.  Perhaps that's what they are doing.   Ten cars a day losing a tenner's worth of stuff each is a fair income for an organised racket.</div><div><br></div><div>I've not included the mobile phone connections as I found that I'd taken them out of the car - but I am sure about the Satnav cable.   If I'd had to buy them again it would have been another £15 or so.</div>