New Members

Comments

• edited January 2016
    <div><br></div>
  • Hello! Feeling slightly exhibitionist with my real photo but here goes... I moved to Stroud Green in Feb 2014 and am lucky enough to run my own business from an office near FP station. I genuinely would not choose anywhere else to live in London. Loving all the independent shops, pubs and restaurants.  I spend too much time in the W B Yeats (which is a wonderful pub).  Come and say hi!
  • Recently joined this site but lived in Finsbury Park since 1984 and have always loved the area - so good to see things flourish in recent years - the park is so much greener than when I first encountered it and it's great to see work on the lifts finally start in the station.
  • Hello everyone! I've posted a few times already but as @arkady suggested it might be good to introduce myself formally. I've lived in and around the area for about 4 years - initially as a student (shock horror!). I used to live in queens drive but now I live near Hornsey road, so technically I live in N7 (double shock horror!).... But I spend so much time in around Stroud green that I thought I'd bend the rules a little ;) Part of what keeps me here is the vast array of food, both places to buy food and places to eat. I cook a lot (particularly fond of long and unnecessary food projects like baking sourdough and curing bacon) so once I found some of the amazing food shops we have around here I was hooked. I really like the community you guys have here and it's rare to see something like this in the city. Hope to speak to you all soon!
  • What road do you live on? Our territorial claims are quite Putinesque in their expansiveness.
  • I prefer to think us like the Kurds, not having a true home but being spread between 4 postcodes....  Finsbury Park neighbourhood forum are Turkey, not sure who's ISIS though.
  • Even if we had a like button, it wouldn't be sufficient for that post @northnineteen.
  • Does that make Stroudgreen.org the YPG?
  • Better hope not, if Boris Johnson is Erdogan.<div><br></div><div>Brilliant idea northnineteen!</div>
  • I live on sussex way, just off seven sisters. If not Stroud green then perhaps a vassal state?
  • Heh, that's the road I lived on before I moved here.
  • I lived there for a while too!
  • Hi all, I'm a long time lurker but thought it was about time I joined properly. <div><br></div><div>I've lived on Stroud Green Road for three and a half years, and various places nearby before that, including a stint on the Blackstock side of Finsbury Park when I first moved down here from the north, so I feel like I have a pretty strong connection with the area. </div><div><br></div><div>This forum has been great for keeping up to speed with eveything that's going on, so I'm looking forward to contributing!</div>
  • edited March 2016
    Hello! <div><br></div><div>I live in Stroud Green and I am into martial arts, namely Kung Fu, Boxing and a bit of jiu jitsu. I've lived in the area for almost 7 years now and Stroud Green is my area now. I also consider myself an amateur activist mainly campaigning against big corporations not paying their taxes in the country. I say we should boycott them all. I often find myself supporting and encouraging local businesses as I know its hard for them to survive under the economical current climate. </div><div><br></div><div>Would be a pleasure to meet new friends and perhaps chat about supporting <span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">local</span><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> businesses. All the best!</span></div>
  • Hello all,<br>I've lived here (just by Pooles Park school) for over 30 years and have just come across the forum, which seems really lively and useful.  I'm interested in local history so lots of good stuff there - I like the links to old maps.<br>I'm a partially retired architect.  As far as local activities go, I'm a member of the excellent Vox Holloway community choir; I volunteer at the Park Theatre; and have just rejoined the Labour party.<br>I like most of what's happened to the area in recent years but it's becoming more difficult to engage with people locally - we used to know almost everyone in our little street but now people come and go more rapidly.  Perhaps forums like this will help rebuild.    <br>
  • Welcome Keith - you sound like an interesting chap. Your last point is a really good one - that's precisely what hyperlocal sites like stroudgreen.org are meant to offer: A sense of community in an in an increasingly transient neighbourhood.<div><br></div><div>I'm sure we'd all appreciate hearing your insights into how much the place has changed, and any memories of what it was like 30 years ago.</div>
  • Hi all, I currently live in Kings Cross but am hunting for a 2bed flat to rent with a friend, and we're looking at the part of Stroud Green Road that's near FP station. Came across this forum and thought it would be a good place to ask a question, and also to get to know some other people in the area I'll be living in!
  • Hi all Have finally joined up after 15 years of living in Stroud Green ! We regularly read this forum for the latest news on the developments around SG, your take on new restaurants and we share in your enthusiasm of the area (love the celeb spots too !)
  • MimsyMimsy Stroud Green
    edited May 2016
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-size: 10pt;"><span style="line-height: normal;">Hello all. I'm new to the site. </span></font><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">In the area for 20 years+. Piano Tutor and Yoga Instructor. Japanese food </span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">aficionado, and one time band member who used to pack out the King's Head before Comedy and Kalamazoo took over.</span></font><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font size="2">Lover of ALL forms of music, bar none... so good to be in the home of dancehall.</font></div>
  • This could get confusing, there's an SG.org member called The Mimsy too. I hope the next one is called The Last Mimsy.
  • edited May 2016
    deleted....
  • Should that not be MINSY?<br>
  • your correct.. I will withdraw that. my dyslexia playing up again
  • Hi I'm new... Just moved in to my first owned flat after living nearby for some years. Looking forward to posting here :)
  • FatalEggFatalEgg Stroud Green Road
    i've lived in Stroud Green for (nearly) 3 years now. I used to read posts on this forum for a while before deciding to make my coming out and make it public.:)
  • edited December 2017
  • Greetings all, Stroud Green resident for about a year, regular (obsessive?) reader of this site, recent beneficiary of its advice (a big shout out to plumber Chris), now looking forward to actually joining the conversations.
  • Finally got around to joining this board after reading here and there for years. I own a private tattoo studio off of Tollington Park, have lived in N4 for 5 years with my family and am a keen supporter of all things local. Hi to anyone out there reading