New Vietnamese restaurant review

Anyone been to the new place on Stroud green Rd.?

Comments

• Really nice food and very friendly inside. From what the waitress was saying, this is a family owned chain of Vietnamese restaurants. This is the third one they've started. It was an incredibly reasonable price (discount applied because it's only just opened), but 3 starters, 2 mains and 2 glasses of white wine cost £26 with service included. I'd recommend it but would go soon if you want to take advantage of the 25% off.
  • We went last night. Really very good. And packed out too. I wish them well.
  • edited May 2016
    How does it compare to Q&T or salvation in noodles?
  • Anyone else wondering quite how we've gone from 0 Vietnamese restaurants to 3 in the space of under 12 months?! Not a complaint, mind you - it's just somewhat odd!
  • SIN is the other side of the tracks though...
  • Maybe someone did some market research by trawling old posts on the site and heard the great credit crunched Vietnamese wailing from afar.
  • Not tried the new place but Q&T is fantastic. Lovely fresh, tasty food, perfect for a light lunch or takeaway and pretty decent value. Highly recommend the papaya salads!
  • <p>I may have picked the wrong dishes but I though it is not as good as the one away up Highbury Hill.</p><p>The Vegetable Fried rice had frozen vegetables in it!</p><p><br></p><p>I will give it another go as the people running it are very nice and I will try different  dishes</p>
  • edited May 2016
    I had the chance to eat there twice already, and have to say I was really pleased with the two dishes I tried.<br>Food was actually really tasty and prices affordable too.<br><br>The place was actually surprisingly busy for a restaurant that just opened.<br>I like the simplicity of the place and have no doubt it will become a Stroudgreen classic.<br>
  • I had lunch there today.  It was really good with lovely fresh vegetables.  I will definitely go back.  
  • Excited to try this place after all these good reviews. Does anyone know if they have a website or a menu online?
  • MimsyMimsy Stroud Green
    ...seems a bit pricey for noodles and soup. Just my opinion.<br>