Fabric license revocation

As many of us on this board are Islington residents who in theory have some democratic ownership of the Islington council licensing board I just wondered what the reaction was to Fabric's license being revoked. I haven't been there for many years (nor had I planned to go as I prefer a pint and a jazz gig these days) but people who have tell me that the reports from the police massively overstated the drugs situation. I fear that the council have just destroyed a cultural institution when surely it would have been worthwhile working with the owners to rectify the situation. Its a shame that young people can't enjoy something they traditionally like to do which is to go dancing in nightclubs. This will come back on local residents as more illegal parties take place causing more disruption to local residents and deaths. It also avoids dealing with the real problem which is educating people about the dangers of drugs and managing misuse. Overall it seems massively short sighted but maybe we all need a better explanation from the council for their actions. Its very sad about the two drug related deaths but not sure that means the venue should close. I've just noticed the poll widget so why not have a vote on it!
  1. Should the council have revoked Fabrics license?7 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%
Tagged:

Comments