Your fav greasy spoon for a full english?

What is your favourite spot in the area for an old style full english? I would like to take someone who never had an english breakfast before and I want it to be worth. I mean a proper greasy spoon, no chains or cozy cafe or bakeries. I never had one in Finsbury Park myself, so I would like to hear from you a place that has never disappointed you before and makes mean hash browns. Stroud Green, Seven Sisters Road, Blackstock Road etc. Thank you all

Comments

• I quite like these: Hollywood Cafe 464 Holloway Rd, London N7 6HT, was very surprisingly impressed with the food here. Hamlet Cafe 35 Hornsey Rd, London N19 4DX or a bit more expensive is The Front Room Cafe - 158 Tollington Park, London N4 3AD
  • edited October 2016
    Hamlet, no brainer.

Not only the best breakfast around but also supporting a small business, he has worked his socks off in there over the years.

I always go for the cheese and bacon omelette with chips, completely yummo!
  • In fairness I have also heard good things about Hollywood Cafe and also Euro Cafe but cannot confirm or deny!
  • I rate Front Room quite highly.
  • edited October 2016
    Thank you people! I have only tried the Park Cafe on Seven Sisters once, and it was meh.
  • I like the above mentioned Hamlet and Hollywood.
    I also like Molens (Finsbury Park end of Stroud Green Road).
  • Very reassuring to see people list my favourites. Molens Hollywood and Hamlet are all good. I also hear good things about blighty coffee. My favourite used to be Mega Cafe and while I was sad to see it go it is now a very good vietnamese bistro. I've never been to Carmels (formerly sunshine cafe) but this might be worth a shot. Just make sure your guest orders the black pudding!
  • ...the most disappointing breakfast experience of all time was the Veggie Breakfast at Bon Matin! The menu says 'eggs any style with vegetarian sausage, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, fried potatoes, with toast and baked beans'. There was half a tomato, 4 slices of mushroom, 2 pieces of fried new potato and a tiny white dish like you'd have ketchup served in which contained about 15 baked beans. The 'sausage' was just mashed potato and grated carrot shaped into a tube! The eggs were fine but overall it was a TRAVESTY and I've never wanted to send food back more (except that I love the cakes and the staff always try hard, and I'm not a monster). So that's one to avoid!
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    Front Room gets my vote.......