Traiteur - now open. Deli/cafe/restaurant...

2»

Comments

• Traiteur has a licence for 12 people at a time - they'll use the stainless steel counter as well as the window seats and the table at the back.
  • Popped in the other day. Delicious Scotch egg. Daram is charming and working extremely hard to make this venture a success. Good luck to him!
  • I enjoyed the 3 courses for £20 at Traiteur last night. Food was incredible, the owner/chef previously worked at Petrus and it shows. He's a lovely guy too and it's a great 'private dining/super club' type experience as well as excellent food. BYO too so a very good value evening. In fact my only gripe is that it's too cheap and I really want to see him succeed! Do go, and leave a large tip!
  • I'm an in!

What a nice place with nice people, loved the scotch egg, sausage roll and veg fritata (although i generally prefer veg over meat anyway), i want to sample the coffee now.

10% discount if you unlucky enough to support Arsenal as well.
  • We really do have some excellent places to eat in our little area, and this one is up there with the best. Tried the £20 3-course menu last night with my wife, and it was amazing. The owner is incredibly friendly and a great chef, and with the menu changing every week, we'll be going back often, I reckon. Can't recommend too highly.

Just need to establish a rota with this place, Max's, Season, Il Piccolo, and the WB, whose new chef is seriously impressive.
  • While you're on the subject there's also jazz in the Bedford on Sundays now.

Well there was last sunday anyway, very laid back jazz jam type set up.
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    I really hope Italian farmers comes back too, but I thought it wasn't being run as well as it had been even prior to Brexit. I suspect it was having difficulties and brexit may have been the icing on the cake.
  • Thanks so much for all the feedback and support! I am Dharam's wife. Please check out our new Facebook page (Traiteur) for more info…
  • Jess123Jess123 Stroud Green
    Hello! New to the group and relatively new to Stroud Green having moved in a month ago. I have been enjoying trying out all the incredible culinary delights on Stroud Green Road and we tried Traiteur last week. It was absolutely incredible. We had the 3 courses for £20 and it was perfect from start to finish. Really hope it does well and locals support it.
  • edited December 2017
  • Take away last night for two £20 each was a hit with the heavily almost housebound pregnant wife.

It was lovely but am a sucker for my takeaway being a ghee fest and I would pick up Everest spice instead but I am all the fatter for it!

Charming staff. Good luck to them.
  • Meant to say when it is not Indian week will come back!
  • I went to Traiteur this afternoon for coffee and cake. I thought it a great little place. They are really friendly and they're obviously really passionate about good quality food. It's also very cheap. It all makes quite a change. I'm not sure about the location though. It's so quiet along there. Also if you don't eat meat or fish, it's coffee and cake, but not much else.
  • Recently ate at Traiteur for an evening meal. The food was outstanding. Such good quality and presentation. We went on to use them for a private party. Excellent service and our guests were very impressed with the food. I hear the menu changes this week. Highly recommend.
  • Yes, agree, the quality of the food is impressive! Will go again.
  • Agree with the above. Extremely high quality and careful cooking.
  • We had dinner there recently. Delicious food, interestingly presented. Charming Italian owner and his father were there to chat to as well.
  • Friends took us there for dinner on Wednesday. We had an exceptionally good meal. I tasted two starters and four mains and all were delicious. It is very high-quality, sophisticated cooking. It isn't cheap but not badly priced for the quality. Portions were generous too, and the staff were really friendly and warm. A few minor quibbles but overall an extremely good meal and enjoyable evening.
  • Very big hairdressers just opened next door
    It's name and that of the new pub it is getting a bit Ornithology around there
  • brought 4 yank friends there a few weeks back - excellent food, no music - a win!