Drivers barging through one-way system under bridge

Comments

• I would trust Boris to do a better job than Sadiq Really?
  • Boris had a special skill in credit for what was already planned !
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    Absolutely. I wouldn't trust sadiq as far as I could throw him. He's labour and it's against my DNA to vote for such a pest.
  • I'm not a natural Labour voter but did vote for Sadiq. I never take into account political allegiances when voting for the Mayor, just what they can do for London.
    .......fair enough.....mayors don't really do much as they don't have the power.....just don't like sadiq...
  • Interesting Annie... what put you off Goldsmith?
    .....goldsmith completely out of touch.....it was touch and go whether I even bothered to go to the polls I thought he was a terrible candidate. I don't think he's a very good politician at all he got Richmond completely snatched from him as he was still banging on about Heathrow and didn't see the lib dems Remain tactics.....loser. ........but yes, driving under a bridge the wrong way.....they should be hung, drawn and quartered....
  • I feel that Sadiq represented my idea of a representative for the people of London much better than Zac does. I liked his plans for public transport and the fact that he recognises that we have a housing crisis here and some ideas on how to resolve it - even though it's going to be difficult to actually get them through. I'm pleased he's looking again at things like the Garden Bridge, which although is a pretty idea, is a colossal waste of resources when a new bridge to the east is desperately needed. He seems to understand Londoners better than any of the other candidates, and though I'm not averse to a posh boy I think Zac is too far removed from the realities of life in this city.
  • Twice in the last month or so I've seen people drive through the Wells Terrace bus station. Through it. Through the bus stations and out past the Starbucks. Someone's going to get hurt if this carries on.
  • Time to go to war on these selfish bastards. I was nearly killed crossing the road today. IT'S ILLEGAL AND DANGEROUS. I've started a Twitter campaign @Krappyrubsnif
  • It is so dangerous. I just can't believe that people will break the law just like that. What would they do in other situations? It's just shocking and frustrating to see people who don't care at all about other people's safety. Retweeting you @krappyrubsnif
  • _Bee_Bee Stroud Green Road
    So.. I haven't heard boo from anyone yet, have you @krappyrubsnif ? I'm quite angry about this but genuinely don't know where to turn. Happy to take action, with direction.
  • I’m going that way today, if I happen to get any more video I will. Thought I might have a few conversations......
  • edited January 2017
    ......a close friend assured me today that the traffic under the bridge goes southbound in the mornings and northbound in the afternoons. Quite adamant about this. I don’t believe it. I don’t generally go that way in the morning rush hour, so I may have missed something. Can anyone tell me if this is the case or not please? This information means either that (1) I am blind, stupid and misinformed or (2) there is so much illegal southbound traffic in the morning rush hour that people just assume drivers going south have right of way. Thoughts anyone?
  • The signs say the road is closed as you down the road traffic is allowed up the road.

Cyclists seem to go both ways
  • So it is ALWAYS one way northbound, never changes? Thought so. Yes cyclists often dodge through.
    It never changes. I walk there morning noon and night.
  • absolutely ALWAYS one way northbound
  • edited January 2017
    Thanks all. Just called 101 where police logged complaint, but they say the traffic control measures and safety issues are the responsibility of local councils so Islington and Hackney.

*Sigh*. I'll call them when I get a moment.
    Thanks krappy.
  • I've lodged a "report a problem" to Haringey on it.
  • There are also two No Entry signs. Does the council boundary not run up the middle of the road
  • I have a feeling that when traffic control is in place due to roadworks it is for consideration only so essentially you can jump a red and it is not illegal.

That's what someone told me anyway.
  • It might be the case, but if then an accident happens what would the insurance do? I doubt that Police will not see the person driving in the wrong direction as guilty. Anyway apart from the Law being overlooked, it is incredibly dangerous, because one car could drive onto the pavement to avoid an incoming vehicle. Pavement full of people who need to commute that way. Something to tell the council, so that they will be held responsible in case they don't try to enforce the law and look after people's security.
  • Most taxi drivers are not insured so i doubt if the insurance would do very much at all.
  • @HollbornFox that sounds extremely unlikely.
  • So did Donald Trump becoming President of the free world, doesn't mean it's not true.
  • @HolbornFox do you have any data supporting it? Moreover they are not all taxi drivers...
  • edited January 2017
    Well no not really as people do not tend declare it when they are not insured but i did see a stat somewhere that there is many more mini-cabs then current insurance policies.

I am referring to the cab firm that you never stop hearing about and the like anyway... fortunately i refuse to use them.

Here you go, must be true it's in the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/12/uber-whistleblower-exposes-breach-driver-approval-process