New Thai restaurant on SGR - Granary Thai Cafe

Hi all, yesterday I noticed a new Thai restaurant at the former site of International Delicatessen. Has anyone tried it?

Comments

• I noticed that as well. That section of the Street seems to getting lively. New Thai Massage straight a cross the road, Farmers is back and there is to be another Deli in the Sparks old shop !
  • I've tried to go there for a lunch a couple of times. The first time (around 12:15 I think) it wasn't open yet but was as I walked back from Que Me; the second (closer to 13:00) wasn't open either. We have had takeaway from Rusty Bike on Hornsey Road and have been impressed; we have ordered from there again as we thought the first time was so good. Best Thai takeaway I've had for ages. We weren't very adventurous; Pad Thai and green curry, but both are good benchmarks against which to measure a restaurant.
  • Best pad thai I've ever had is from Paolina's in King's Cross. Still haven't found anything close to that... I'll give Rusty Bike a go.
  • edited December 2016
    I had lunch at Que Me last week and was impressed. Reasonably priced, charming service and the food tasted very fresh. I haven't tried the Thai food at Rusty Bikes, only breakfast/panini: the staff are lovely and friendly.
  • I had lunch at Granary yesterday. I had a very good vegetable Tom Kha and a delicious pumpkin curry. The curry was almost too hot but it wasn't. I really enjoyed both dishes and I'll go again.
  • Had dinner there the other night. Really enjoged it nice food lovely people running it. Two sisters and Granny doing the cooking. Get in there before it gets crowded. They have made great environment out of difficult shop It lookms quiet when you go past but everyone is in the upstairs back bit. Ask them why they have called it the Granery quite sweet really when they tell you gigles and all. Hope it suceeds
  • Would also like to recommend Granary Thai - had dinner there tonight and the food was really good. Friendly service and they've made the room look really cosy. A great new addition, they deserve to do well.
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    Collected a take away from there. They don't do delivery yet. I thought it was very good.
  • -noodles--noodles- stroud green road
    We've been twice now - food & service was of a very high quality.
    On our first visit before Christmas we were the only people in there, so was concerned they might not be a hit. However, I was pleased to see them packed out last Saturday & I noticed a lot of people coming in for take away.
    The menu is small, but the dishes are authentic and delicious. The staff are delightful too. Highly recommend!
  • Visited last weekend for a late lunch. Food and service were great. We tried the fish cakes to start and curries for mains (mussaman and penangs). All were spot on and just what we were after on such a cold day! Recommended. Hope they do well!
  • Had lunch yesterday, everything was really good. Pad Thai very tasty, green curry nice and spicy. Also the spring rolls looked fresh and not frozen. Portions were not huge, but the quality seemed very good. When we asked for alcohol, we were told next month, so they are probably waiting for the licence. I hope they start delivering soon!
  • We had dinner there last week, was excellent food and really friendly. They were great with our kids too. Highly recommended.
  • edited December 2017
  • Interesting that some places are busy from day one (Max is a good example) and others, no matter how good struggle (like Incontro which is delicious too).
    I had one look at the Incontro menu and thought the price too high for this area......isn't that the Issue? Also looks too serious and formal?
  • Grenners, you are right that Incontro is more expensive then say Pappagonne but the food is seriously good, of the quality of some of the best places in central London. The decor is a bit grey and they would benefit with a friendlier branding but Sara and Morris who run it are as friendly as you will find! It is no more formal than Season - have you been there?
    Not been there. 6 month old baby has put a stop to my restaurant habit. I stand outside with a pram dribbling.
  • After seeing all the positive reviews here we tried Granary Thai and had a fantastic meal. The staff are so friendly and the food is delicious - properly spicy. Think they said they'd signed up with Uber Eats so delivery is coming soon.

(Re: Incontro. As I said on the other thread, it's closing soon.)

Did someone say there was work being done at the former Gustavo's / Fabrizio site? Maybe another pizzeria is on the way.
  • Does anybody know if Granary is open at lunchtime? Went past yesterday and it was closed, but sometimes restaurants are closed on Monday?
  • As per their website (http://thaigranary.com/):

MONDAY
    17:30 - 22:30

TUESDAY - FRIDAY
    12:00 - 15:00
    17:30 - 22:30

SATURDAY
    12:00 - 22:30

SUNDAY
    12:00 - 22:00
  • I would like to try Incontro, never got round to it. Is it closing then? That's a shame.
  • Incontro is going to move. Highgate or Muswell Hill most likely. Go before it moves and go again after it moves. The food is wonderful.
  • Well sod Incontro, I just ate tagliatelle all’Amatriciana, roast wild boar and broccoli, half a bottle of wine, mineral water and coffee for £8.44. London sucks - far too expensive.
  • Although presumably getting to Italy bumped up the cost of that lunch Krappy.
  • edited December 2017
  • lazyatomlazyatom Fonthill Road
    We had dinner there last week, and it was excellent
  • edited March 2017
    Been here twice in the past week, its awesome, i think the summer rolls can even rival O's.

Cheap as well. And you can get Singha and Chang from Jacks... win win!

If you're feeling the heat ask for it Thai spicy, probably the hottest (see tastiest) green curry I've had round here.

Trouble is, with having O's, Nid Ting, Blue Moon and Baan Kati within spitting distance and a Thai brother in law i am becoming the Jay Rayner of Thai cuisine (could be worse).
  • @HolbornFox Excuse the ignorance but what is O's?