new restaurants Clifton terrace opening

13»

Comments

• LocaLadLocaLad Stroud Green road
    Wing Zone is gone due to the closure of the station and less footfall. They were not running in huge profit anyway. Lets see what happens to the ICECREAM Parlour opening across the road.
  • That ice cream parlour was surprisingly busy when i passed by the other day, although i think if successful they be copied, and copied, and copied
  • @Sutent I think wing place closed because the food was revolting. We FParkers have discerning tastes. Seriously bad synthetic sauces - like the worst America has to offer.
  • Akdeniz on the corner of Durham RD and SSR is indeed always open. It has no door or shutter and never closes. A rota of family and friends are there 24 hours a day every day of the year.

The shop next to Starbucks (which is great by the way, and does Oyster top ups with cash or card), operates in the same way. I'll be cross if that shop shuts, it's got a great selection of stuff plus really good fruit, veg and fresh herbs.
  • One other thing while I'm here... Creams has won the 2016 prize for most hideous decor in an SG restaurant. That glitter fabric is £25 per meter and comes in a glorious range of colour combos and they have picked the worst. Makes me feel sad every time I look at the decor - it's like a club in a low rent house music video from the mid 90s.
  • I managed to get onto a low rent jungle video in the (late) 90's and the decor actually was very similar, cheap leather and sparkles.

It also begs the question of how the hell did Zelman Drinks take so long and spend so much over the decor they've gone for, same loos as well.
  • Just remembered that i was in an episode of that illustrious show Dream Team in the (late) 90's as well, with Josie d'Arby. Halcyon days.
  • Had to google Durham Rd as someone above mentioned a Turkish shop there - if they have fresh Turkish bread...hmmmm Thanks
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    I think it will start to feel very central London in 5 years time. Much less ice cream and more Pret a manger etc.
  • Passed by Clifton Terrace this morning and I saw there is a new cafe opening soon next to Starbucks, will be called "the terrace cafe". I hope they offer good quality brunch, as since exeter street closed (which was meh anyway), there's nothing similar in the area.
  • I hope they have a terrace.
  • edited February 2017
    The shop next to Starbucks is a real asset. I would very sad to see it going. The owner is super nice and helpful. I must say I don't use my Oyster any more as I use contactless instead so I tend to go and get drinks/snacks...
  • The shop closed weeks ago, they now have a tiny kiosk type shop next door.The terrace café does have a little outdoor area - decked like the kebab place at the bus stop. It's the same people who had the shop, they think there's more money to be made from a café than a shop.
  • edited February 2017
    It's the kiosk where the "green smoothies" place was or am I getting mixed up?
  • I saw a notice at Street N4 saying that they are closing on May 1st. I was wondering how they managed to stay open this long, as it always looked empty...
  • I think the pub they run in Liverpool Road has shut as well?
  • Such a shame, quite liked it there and as one point it looked like it would be quite successful - I know they did a lot of trade through JustEat/Deliveroo
  • Oh, that is a shame, and the guy who ran it seemed to work really hard at it. I had lunch there every now and again, and I liked it.
  • Footfall must have fallen so much with the closure of the Tube Wells Terrace entrance.
  • Does anybody know if the closure of the Wells Terrace entry is permanent?
  • That stretch is just not a very nice place to sit and eat. It's dirty and noisy because of the buses dropping off outside. Fine for coffee shops, not fine for dinner.
  • I know it's around the corner, but I'm quite impresseed by Don & Co, the new bubble tea and chinese meal box place on Wells Terrace - their Bubble Tea is lovely, and I really want to try their meal boxes.
  • lazyatomlazyatom Fonthill Road
    @TheMimsy I'm not sure if it will still be called "Wells Terrace", but there will be a new street of shops starting around where that entrance was, leading to a new entrance to the station. So yes and no -- eventually (2018/19) there will be an entrance that does lead to new footfall on Wells Terrace, but also a bunch more competing shops.
  • Late to the party here, but I was late home from work last night so popped into the bubble tea place to try their take-away. Decent portion of pretty tasty chicken teriyaki for six quid. It's not the most gourmet treat in the world, but a good budget choice and I didn't feel gross afterwards.

Always seems to be deserted, so try it while it's still open.