new shop front by crouch hill station

It seems the ever changing corner unit of japan crescent and crouch hill, which since i've lived in the area has been a number of italian/pizza places is being refurbished again...any idea of what's going in there...?

(formerly fabrizio)

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Apparently, from another thread, it's a... (drumroll...) pizza place: Pizza X Drink, a vaguely youthfully styled but not particularly edgy restaurant, whose other location is close to where I work. It looks more downscale than Gustavo's and fairly bland, though I hope I'll be proven wrong there.

It really does seem to be a spot where restaurants come to die... I hope there'll be a Que Me equivalent that's able to run that section of the street successfully.
  • I'm hoping it does well. It would be great to get someone in on the opposite side of the road (i.e. what was most recently The Hopsmiths) too. It's such a shame it is empty.
  • Has 3 beers on draft and looks as much a bar as a restaurant. Seem to be spending some money on the fit out
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    You have to be brave to open a business on that stretch especially doing something similar to what has already failed.
  • Not open yet, appears nearly done
  • Anyone been in here yet, i wondered what it was \ like?
  • Not yet. It seems a bit pricey. I walk by twice a day and I've only ever seen a single customer.
  • We went in on opening night for the half-price offer. The pizzas were ok for the money. There are much better options available in the area. BEST PIZZA IN N4? NOT PIZZAXDRINK!
  • edited May 2017
    Strike that off tonight's list then, will try the revamped Landseer instead.

There's a 5 / 10 K event in Finsbury Park tonight if anyone is interested, 20 quid but you do get a medal!
  • I actually thought the pizza was quite decent when I got a delivery. I'll agree not the best (I'm a big fan of Firezza), but I thought it was good value: £6 for a 10 inch pepperoni pizza seems reasonable to me (the equivalent is more than £8 in pappagone). Obviously just my own humble opinion though!
  • We had some pizzas there last week - ok and probably better than your typical takeaway but could be better.
  • good luck to 'em but they've got a lot of incredibly stiff competition round here - sacro cuore... yardsale... hana maria... firezza... papagonne...
  • I saw the disappointing beer selection the other day, what the hell is 'Stelle'? I assume it is a posh name for wiffbeatérre?