Stroud Green Olive Oil 2017

edited November 2017 in Local discussion
I am very pleased to say that Stroud Green Olive Oil is expected to be back this year.

We don’t know how much we’ll make or bring over, or what the price will be yet. But if all goes to plan, it will arrive in Stroud Green after harvesting in a couple of weeks time, and should be available for sale on the doorstep in the specially-labelled bottles from November 21st. We'll be having a stall at Stroud Green Market on December 3rd and December 10th and again on Christmas Eve if there is any left and the market is open.

As before bottles will be in 250ml, 500ml and 1-litre sizes, all beautifully packaged, and in 3 litre and 5 litre cans.

This is the first time in three years we’ve made any oil because of a succession of poor harvests and blighted crops. There will be a few changes this time. We won’t be doing home delivery and it won’t be sold through local shops. It will only be available on the doorstep or at the farmer’s market. On the other hand, I hope to offer a bring-your-own bottle or bottle-recycling scheme (free labels affixed). If there is enough interest I may arrange a tasting. I’ll be posting full details here and an order form online.

I will also be reviving the Stroud Green Olive Oil blog - telling the story of the oil’s journey from the branch of a tree in the Mediterranean to Stroud Green Road, in daily instalments

Let’s hope it makes a comeback as the Christmas present of choice for discerning and healthy Stroud Green foodies!

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/cmlink/hampstead-highgate-express-broadway/news/spotlight-olive-oil-with-vintage-taste-of-stroud-green-1-3027832

Comments