Bin raid olympics

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 7:48AM
    We'll come tonight or in the morning - earlyish. Will text.
    What's the chances she might've participated in the recent riots?
    We just put out a fully functional 27" TV if anyone's interested. Works fine but we've upgraded.

Corner of Victoria Road and Stapleton Hall Road, by the church.
    We put a huge old telly out in the week and was gone within fifteen minutes! We have downgraded to a smaller one. Have decided that I hate big tellys!
  • KazKaz
    edited 7:48AM
    Doesn't the mind shop take curtains Misscara?
  • Brown Ikea armchair on Marriott Road up for grabs, anyone?
    Lots of things being put out on Moray Road just near Image dry cleaners - lots of interesting looking chairs!!
    This is Detritus I just have to say I have never seen Miss Annie move as fast as she did in the last 5 mins. Free stuff on bin raid Olympics, it was a small blur to my eyes as she almost ran into the bedroom to get dressed.
    Thank you for the lovely vintage chairs and other bits. Much appreciated!
    Left out our old wood and glass back door the other day, no real redeeming features, weighed a ton, gone in hours.

Would have been interested in those chairs.
  • Put out a dismantled but perfectly good table the other day. The legs disappeared within hours, but not the top - I presume a passing Steptoe was after the metal content but not the wood. This was not quite what I'd intended.
    I put out an old shaving mirror that was rusty on one side out and it went in 24 hours.
    Over the years, we've had knackered old dryer, kids' toys, old TV and old fridge (enormous, it was) taken by people on the look-out for stuff. The best was when we'd put a rusty old BBQ right behind our hedge in the front garden only to find someone walking off with it as I approached our house. It's great this stuff gets recycled (and means we don't have to shlep to the dump).
    Still, it's not great that the telephone exchange box covers get nicked, too. I reported the one that's been missing for months on UTP a while back and was told that even when they replace them they get nicked within 24 hours "by the gypsies".
  • I am in possession of a very severely knackered piece of large furniture that is so badly broken it will probably have to be taken away by the council. Does anyone know when the next free collection of bulky items is?
  • If the covers always get nicked within 24 hours, surely a surveillance operation would be a simple endeavour?
  • Nice dark wood arts and craftsy sideboardy type thingy on Birnam road. 
  • <p>If you're in Haringy it's the day after your normal rubbish collection.  However, you have to ring them and let them know what you want taken away.  They take most furniture but check <a href="http://www.haringey.gov.uk/bulkyitems.htm">http://www.haringey.gov.uk/bulkyitems.htm</a>    </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>;
  • We had a black bin nicked, not from the street but from inside our front garden.  They removed the rubbish bags that were in the bin, but left them on the floor instead of putting them in teh (empty) other bin.  Why they didn't just nick the other bin I'll never know.  Don't know if I was more annoyed about the theft, or the fact they didn't put our rubbish in the other bin.<br><br>Islington do a good free bulky waste collection service (I think they'll come by up to 5 times in 12 months).  The stuff Ive put out overnight for the Council has never been pinched first though...I guess our wood was just too grotty.<br>
  • On Charteris Road for the past three days, some plastic plates have been sat forlornly collecting rainwater. Not something I'd use myself, but they seem to be in good nick, and I'm amazed that none of the area's enterprising/compulsively acquisitive folk have given them a new home.
  • we've just dismantled our double bed, and brown sofa. They're just outside of our flat on Marriott Road. Both in perfect (almost) working order.<br><br>Any takers?<br>
  • Saw some old tech outside a Stapleton Hall Road house last night, along with a bottle of ouzo - surely one of fairly few boozes that would be so thoroughly rejected.
  • edited July 2014
    In the spirit of reviving great threads of the past. <br><br>I left a Space Hopper in a box and a pair of homemade wooden stilts that had been clogging up my shed out the front on Saturday afternoon - gone within 30 minutes.<br><br>Last week, I left two slightly warped mountain bike tyres out - gone within the hour.<br><br>I also came back the other day with a small pot of wood stain I had borrowed from my mum's as I needed some to use. As I was unloading car I left it on the front wall. Forgot it, remembered five minutes later, walked back outside and sure as, it was gone. <br>
  • I just came home early from work to find an elderly lady with a pram going through my bins in my front garden. She was looking for "metal, metal". This is what Brown and Osborne have done to some pensioners!!
  • Bet you they go for tinned food at the foodbank <br>
  • @Ali that is not funny. Have you been to a foodbank?
  • edited May 2018
    I am resurrecting this thread to say thank you to the person on Moray Rd who left a beautiful, almost immaculate 1960s (I think) snakeskin suitcase out on the street this morning for me to find. Best bin raid for a while.