Cocktails \ Aperol

edited June 2018 in Local discussion
I have been sampling a few of the cocktails on offer recently, mainly Aperol Spritz, anyone else?

The Stapleton do a nice version but Pappagone was better, lovely and sharp, i can highly recommend it and feeling retro i also ordered a lasagne (and it was banging)!

I also had a good Venetian Spritz in the White Lion yesterday, it gets marked down though because the back room absolutely stinks of piss, i have no idea how people can sit there and eat.

The Swimmers unsurprisingly has probably been the best one i have tried, they do things like use nice blood oranges for the fruit and serve it in a big fishbowl glass, the Landseer do nice versions as well, i had a summer cup in there, then Aperol, then lager to keep it classy.

Comments

• Have you sampled the negronis anywhere? I'm partial to a decent negroni.
  • edited June 2018
    A superb negroni is available at Zelman drinks. They have (or had) some unusual vermouths for this purpose.

My missus makes an excellent negroni sbagliato.
  • I've not had a negroni yet but a few of my mates do drink them so I suspect they are strong, I like longer drinks normally.

There is a good cocktail bar on Greek Street called Thirst, they list every cocktail and show the size on the menu so you know what you're getting, only 6 or 7 quid a go as well.
  • I hate it when they a place makes an espresso martini with pre-made espresso from a bottle. Disappointing.
  • Big fan of The Swimmers. Has anyone tried cocktails at Nickel on Crouch Hill? Not been there myself yet...