Finsbury park to London bridge and Gatwick direct from monday

13»

Comments

• Can any regular users advise if things have started to settle down yet? Got a flight from Gatwick in a few weeks and was hoping to save bit of money (and time) by taking one of these new train services instead of the taxi, but if its too unreliable don't want to risk it.
  • My sisters and brothers use both Thameslink lines. One out to St Albans is still chaotic and can't be relied on at the moment. Ours slightly better but still prone to random delays and cancellations. They are commuting 25 minute journeys though, so a 25 minute delay is painful - if you are going to Gatwick and leaving plenty of time that would be less so.

Use it, but leave plenty of time perhaps.
  • We were flying from Gatwick in mid June and all Horsham trains were cancelled over that weekend (and the previous one). We ended up using the Gatwick Express from Victoria. Still very unreliable.
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    I had to pick.up my wife and child from Gatwick on Saturday and thought I would try the train. I was very confused as there were no direct trains from FP on the websites but no.explanatuon why. I didn't want to risk it so I drove to Gatwick and back. Sad that it's suck a failure.
  • I was lucky enough to see a lesser spotted train direct from London Bridge to FP the other week, I also then scanned the Internet hoping to catch the next one but couldn't see any.