Mini Riot Last Night?

2»

Comments

• I can absolutely believe they come from the area. Why wouldn't they? We live in Finsbury Park, it's a mixed area with hordes of teenagers always hanging about - although mostly looking a bit nefarious but not bothering anyone.
  • Yes I believe so too. They did all run into the housing estate behind Lorne Road. This may have been to hide or may have been because they live there, they were being chased...

In another incident last year with the recording studio by crouch hill station, again the group of youths ran into the estate close by. I believe they are all local teenagers.
  • I just moved on Victoria road. The housing estate on Lorne road is that a council house or privately owned?
  • edited October 2018
    Social housing I believe. There is a lot of council and housing association property in the area, the massive Andover estate, the Holly Park estate and other little pockets.
    Please don't make the mistake of believing that it's only people who live in social housing that commit crime.
  • I agree with miss annie - this was purely an observation of where they ran to on foot - whether they live there or were cutting through/hiding - it's not to say that only people who live in social housing commit crime.
  • It is Homes for Haringey social housing with a lot of it private through right to buy. It is usually pretty quiet.
  • On Friday at around 5pm I was cycling home along Hornsey Road just coming up to the Tollington Arms pub some kids were shooting fireworks across the road towards the estate but they were hitting cars and just missing me.
    They should ban the sell of fireworks to the public.
  • I don't agree. I like buying sparklers and love it when the neighbours do fireworks. And what about Diwali? Most people are sensible.
    An age restriction would be good but given that it isn't enforced properly for knives, alcohol or cigarettes, I doubt it would work for fireworks.
  • I love fireworks but I hate people randomly letting them off at all hours, into the very early morning/late night. I would gladly ban them apart from licensed public displays.
  • Jess123Jess123 Stroud Green
    Kids ran into the card/gift shop next to Mind again today. They were definitely no more than 14 yrs old. I feel so sorry for the shopkeeper as I’m sure this is their most profitable time of year.
  • I bet they'll run into quite a few more blokes and more resistance next time they try to raid it. The shop keepers on Fonthill Rd were talking about it today, the baseball bats are well and truly under the counters.
  • I like a mild amount of shop keeper vigilantism.

As long as they don't pull a knife on me if I want to buy something for less than a fiver on card.
  • I like it too. The Turkish family with the lovely cat that own the shop on Durham Rd enlisted a couple of very hefty 'uncle's' to loiter about after someone attempted robbery. You wouldn't want to muck about with them, or their extensive family of burly young fellas.
  • did any one witnesses any children letting off fireworks nr stroud green before or on bonfire night?