Red helicopter

Red helicopter circling very low over #Stroudgreen. Air ambulance police or what?

Comments

• Air ambulance from Royal London sponsored by Virgin. The Virgin company like sponsoring NHS activities.
  • oh dear. i fear this might have been for a poor woman cyclist who was in an accident at the dairy junction outside the MIND shop. this happened around 1pm - i think it was with a moped courier - either that or a hit and run, as the courier was the only other vehicle apparently stopped. Seems she'd landed badly, as several people were helping and she wasn't moving. MIND staff came out with blankets, and staff from the medical centre also came out and helped.
  • Virgin run some doctor's practices don't they @Sutent ?
  • I went to an outpatient clinic a couple of years ago and Virgin were running that, the nurse said they had taken away all staff benefits, cut wages and taken his accrued holiday days away which he had built up over several years. Really not good.

Not trying to take away from the poor woman who was taken off the bike, that is also terrible.
  • conservative health minister Andrew Lansley 2008 Health and social care bill. Private providers are allowed to deliver healthcare. Virgin provide lots of healthcare
  • Brexit will affect the NHS if we end up doing a desperate trade deal with the US. The big pharma compaines will insist on getting rid of or watering down NICE whcih ploices whcih drugs and pricing can be used in the NHS, drug cost will go up so there will be less NHS to go around

Sorry to hear about the accident hope she is okay
  • I feel for this lady. Some time ago I came a cropper on my bike at the same spot - coming down the hill fast on a green light, a car pulled across in front of me, emergency braked, somersault over the handlebars, landed flat in the road......I was wearing a helmet and no other traffic so luckily was only winded and shook up. At least the lady driver (her fault) pulled over to check I was OK - sounds like yesterday’s was a failure to stop. Only cycle accident I ever had in more than 20 years.
  • I feel for this lady. Some time ago I came a cropper on my bike at the same spot - coming down the hill fast on a green light, a car pulled across in front of me, emergency braked, somersault over the handlebars, landed flat in the road......I was wearing a helmet and no other traffic so luckily was only winded and shook up. At least the lady driver (her fault) pulled over to check I was OK - sounds like yesterday’s was a failure to stop. Only time Ive ever come off in more than 20 years.