Transgender Trend meeting on Tuesday, Feb 12

2»

Comments

• Venue announced as St Mary’s Church Hornsey Rise

020 7281 1459

Give the vicar a call and let them know what awful people they are hosting.
  • edited February 2019
    It's a Christian church. I can't imagine they will have too many problems with speakers who encourage children not to switch gender or speakers who are anti abortion. Christainity on the whole is opposed to both of those issues.
  • I googled it - the CoE church recently put out some guidance for their vicars. It was about accepting trans people and even offering them a baptism thing in their new name.

Surprisingly progressive.

Anyway, I emailed the HR manager of the London diocese to complain.

It also seems that there were some protestors there last night, too.
  • I’m not around that night otherwise I would definitely attend. When you think that organisations like mermaids are pushing for young children to be given drugs that will chemically castrate them, leave them with micro genitals (should they be male), and infertile should they be female, plus stopping the child ever reaching hormonal maturation (yup, that’s the brain but) and all because the child rebels against its gender roles?! The thing that gets me very angry is how many of the people behind mermaids are keeping their fully grown male gentials. Plus as a VERY gender non confirming woman since a wee slip of a thing, it strikes me as galling how so many of the trans identified males think pink and frills = woman. And that that’s sonehow radical.