Wait, what?

Trendy Stroud Green made the Standard today, as did vegan fish and chips.

In A north London gastro-pub, Britain’s newest political party is gathered over glasses of wine to discuss the European elections.

There’s “vegan fish and chips” on the menu of the Old Dairy in trendy Stroud Green.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-may-given-24hour-deadline-to-say-when-she-will-quit-a4142761.html

Comments

• Nice to see Stroud Green org hasn't turned into linear capitalist review site for restaurants and bars. Keep up the good work, Foxie. x
  • edited May 2019
    The term "Trendy Stroud Green" induces cognitive dissonance even more than does "gastro-pub".
  • Nice to see you still miss the point at every opportunity, Kreuzkav.
  • I wonder why the Dairy smells like a fishing trawler most of the time if the fish is presumably made of soya.

The last few times I have darkened it's doors I've gone in through one door, took the hit and carried on walking straight out the other door towards the Stapleton, I'm sure the barmaid thinks I think it's a bridleway.
  • ...or a an opportunistic thief. I once had my phone nicked in there.
  • I'll bite: @kreuzkav , what is "linear capitalism", and what had it to do with review sites?
  • Fishing trawler… bridleway… getting warmer, but I think it smells like that because they don't clean the loos regularly enough.
  • edited May 2019
    I suppose by linear I meant predictable. I've always liked dramatic description. Jumpers over shirts. A bit of a joke really.
  • Funnily enough I was lurking in Muswell Hill a couple of weeks ago and they were selling shirts sewn into jumpers in White Stuff, I was tempted to buy one and walk around looking for side eyes from people on here.

Mind you I've seen 2 mullets in the past 24 hours so maybe it would have been ironic enough to be cool.
  • Looking forward to the arrival of pants sewn into trousers, and umbrella stands sewn into hallways. Halcyon days!

I still don’t see what the problem with jumpers over shirts (is anyone proposing jumpers with nothing underneath?), nor, for that matter, eating two mullets at a time.
  • Scruffy, humour, it was a joke. Despite my depression over the first part of this decade, I always maintained a sense of humour. I suppose I've always tried to be individual and jumpers over shirts always seemed a good boy conservatism. By the way, I do wear a jumper over shirt, at times. I do think people on here need a bit of humour and not be passive capitalist consumers all the time. I hope this doesn't open another can of worms. Laugh at your self. I do, as well as laughing at others.
  • edited May 2019
    Oh dear, I thought you were being as serious as I was. I don’t need to laugh at myself; I have a wife to do that for me (and very good she is at it, too!)
  • edited May 2019
    I checked out Adlestrop and his poem @Scruffy and found it totally awesome.