New supper club - Susie's Kitchen Suppers

Hello,

I'm a long time Upper Holloway/Stroud Green resident and have just started a monthly supper club that I hope some of you would be interested in.

The next one is on Saturday 22nd June. It's £20 and for that you'll get three courses. Vegetarians can be catered to (but I have to know in advance). It's BYOB and I usually suggest a couple of options to go with the food that are available at Oak N4.

Join me round my kitchen table for fantastic food, lovely company and a relaxed environment. A great alternative to a night down the pub (or a night in watching tv with a takeaway)!

I noticed another thread on here talking about meeting up some time in a local pub and this is exactly what's behind this supper club - a desire to get together with interesting people, face to face rather than always online, and chat over good food and wine.

I don't have a website yet but, if you'd like to know more the details are on my Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/A-middle-aged-Londoner-390461491682975/w in advance). Or you can message me on here.

Example menu
Celeriac soup with a chilli maple bacon garnish and sourdough bread
Roast chicken with roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables
Meringue with roasted and stewed plums, vanilla cream and ginger syrup

Thanks so much
Susie

Comments

• edited June 2019
    We've been to one of Susie's Kitchen Supppers and it was wonderful. Delicious food and a welcoming, friendly host who put us at our ease even though we had never met fellow guests before. An absolutely delightful evening, we'll go again and I'd highly recommend Susie's events.
  • Oh thank you @miss annie - it was an absolute pleasure to have you and would definitely love to see you here again soon.
  • Not sure what the etiquette for self-promotion is on here so I'll stick to just adding a comment to here. Just to say I've got three places left for my next supper which is on 20th July. Let me know if you fancy coming along. Thanks.
  • Also recommended by me! Lovely food, lovely company. However I will be doing a 26 mile charity walk that day, so another time ...
  • Ah thank you Kate. I think that's a pretty good excuse! I'm so impressed - good luck! And look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for coming, it was an absolute pleasure.
  • Here's the menu for next Saturday's supper club - the 20th July.

Apero - a welcome drink and selection of nibbles*

Starter - courgette salad with fresh curd cheese and toasted hazelnuts

Main - mustard roasted poussin and Calvados sauce served with lightly roasted new potatoes and seasonal veg

Dessert - caramelised apple tart fine with homemade vanilla ice-cream and/or cream

*I have to keep SOME things a surprise afterall.

There are two places left, shout if you'd like to come.
  • My next round of dates are now up and they are:

Sep 7
    Oct 5
    Nov 9
    Dec 7

The September supper includes the flavours of rose, tahini, lemon, and lots of fresh herbs and is entitled "The Last Days of Summer".

I'm in N19, Stroud Green/Upper Holloway, the night starts at 7.30pm and I usually chuck people out by midnight. It's a relaxed alternative to a night down the pub and, I'm told, is a snip at £25 per person.

I'd love to start getting some locals coming too so if you're interested or would like to know more do please get in touch - either on here or via my FB page https://www.facebook.com/A-middle-aged-Londoner-390461491682975/ or my Instagram @susiesandfordsmith

Wishing you all a lovely long weekend.